Revised VIN for carfax..

Here is the "correct" VIN for the 1992 I am looking at. I hope it works.

JH4NA1156NT000463

Thanks,

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Netviper,

Looks good. Two owner Texas car with no problems, actual mileage, also looks to only have only been privately owned. No leases, auctions, etc. High mileage, though.

Originally posted by ck:
Netviper,

Looks good. Two owner Texas car with no problems, actual mileage, also looks to only have only been privately owned. No leases, auctions, etc. High mileage, though.

Can you email it to me?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by ck:
your email address doesn't work. Got another?
My email should work??

You can write to [email protected]

or [email protected]

Here are some CLEAN pics of the car. What do you think?
http://www.exoticcarworld.com/NSXpics.htm

It sounds like it was VERY well maintained. It has mostly highway mileage.

------------------

The car looks pretty good, but either the pictures are kinda blurry or the car has been repainted. I wouldn't doubt its been repainted with it being ten years old and about 120k miles. It doesn't show fading, wear, chips like a 120k car. I am always more cautious with cars that are not stock (performance wise), even if it is just an intake. Enthusiast owners do tend to drive harder and track their cars. There are some gaps between body panels that seem suspect to me in the pictures. (Between passenger side headlight and hood, and also, possibly the driver side side step.) It could be just a bad picture though. Just have it checked thouroughly. The engine bay and underhood area is surprisingly clean. I wouldn't pay more than 21-24k for this car at most because of the extremely high mileage, but that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by ck:
The engine bay and underhood area is surprisingly clean. I wouldn't pay more than 21-24k for this car at most because of the extremely high mileage, but that's just my opinion.
Thanks for the carfax. He is selling at a firm 29,500. That is what he feels the car if worth because of the condition of the car. It did have a full body repaint done by acura because of some scratches and chips throughout the years. It was NOT due to an accident. (as carfax shows it is clean). It has aftermarket intake, headers, exhuast plus Chip. It dynos at 260 HP to the wheels. It should be faster than a stock 2001 NSX I would guess. He has all the service records and receipts. It had a new clutch and transmission done at 106K miles.

Anyway, 29,500 is what he feels it is worth.

------------------

Thats a tough one. The upgrades are tastefully done and 2-owner is a bonus. Yet most high mileage NSXs go for less than 29k. Maybe let them sit on it for a month and see if they change their tune on price.

Originally posted by raoul:
Maybe let them sit on it for a month and see if they change their tune on price.
I had that exact thought, however, it seems this guy is not hurting for money in any way, shape or form, so I don't think it sitting there will bother him at all. His wife will just get to keep driving it. She absolutely loves the car. (its her daily driver)

------------------

I wouldn't believe him without inspection about the reason for repaint. Don't trust Carfax, it is a good start and a helpful tool when buying a car, but not too accurate, especially when it comes to accidents. I run hundreds of carfax's and they hardly ever show accidents, but when I inspect the car, it has accidents. Just be cautious of Carfax. It is more useful for determining where the car is from and major things like Salvage, TMU, etc but I still wouldn't put too much weight on it. $29,500 firm?! I would run fast from that car. He's fooling no one but himself at that price. Regardless the reason, the car has a total repaint. Those mods are worth little, if anything. New clutch and tranny are good, I suppose, but it shouldn't have needed a new tranny if it was driven and serviced correctly. Two owner doesn't mean much either, and surely doesn't justify his price.

NetViper,

There are some NSX's for sale at http://www.nsxsc.com that are within that price range with less mileage. You might want to look there if you haven't already. Good luck and be patient, the right car will come along
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

The car looks nice, but it may be that it was also used as an Exotic Rental from that dealership. I would do a servie check by asking any Acura dealer to run the VIN.

Good Luck.

They're not tied together. You'll have to do a bit of calling around to find the dealer that serviced it...

Back