Resale value added by Comptech SC, and other mods

Just wondering how much value is added by having the Comptech SC and other mods. I'm thinking of selling a 99 NSX with the comptech SC, Comtech 4 wheel brake upgrade, suspension upgrade, headers and exhaust and body kit, all comptech upgraded at the dealer. The upgrades where about 40,000 extra at that time.. Just wondering how much they have depreciated and how hard it will be to sell a rare car like this. I was figuring about adding
$20k the going rate of normal NSXs in the same mileage/condition. Do you think this is reasonable to expect?
Here are the specs http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/comp.html

NSXest said:
Just wondering how much value is added by having the Comptech SC and other mods. I'm thinking of selling a 99 NSX with the comptech SC, Comtech 4 wheel brake upgrade, suspension upgrade, headers and exhaust and body kit, all comptech upgraded at the dealer. The upgrades where about 40,000 extra at that time.. Just wondering how much they have depreciated and how hard it will be to sell a rare car like this. I was figuring about adding
$20k the going rate of normal NSXs in the same mileage/condition. Do you think this is reasonable to expect?
Here are the specs http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/comp.html

This has been beaten to death on this site, and most would recomend putting the car back to stock and selling the aftermarket parts separately. If you decide to sell the car as is, figure on getting about .25 cents on the dollar for the mods.

Armando

NSXest said:
I was figuring about adding $20k the going rate of normal NSXs in the same mileage/condition. Do you think this is reasonable to expect?
No. I would add $4K for the supercharger, $3K for the brakes, and $2K for the suspension/header/exhaust, and subtract $2K for the body kit. Total addition, $7K. (Which is probably about the same thing you would get if you took the $40K claimed above, subtracted labor, and used Armando's 25 percent figure on the parts cost.)

And yes, it will be more difficult to sell, because you will have fewer potential buyers who are interested in the mods and willing to spend extra for them.

As Armando also noted, you can remove the parts and sell them separately. And you can always try selling the car for more than what we think it's worth; just be prepared to lower the price (or keep it) if it doesn't sell.

Adding $20k to the going rate? Good luck selling the car at that price! You would have a much easier time selling the car if you return it as close to stock as possible and selling the aftermarket parts separately.

MiamieNeSeX said:
This has been beaten to death on this site, and most would recomend putting the car back to stock and selling the aftermarket parts separately. If you decide to sell the car as is, figure on getting about .25 cents on the dollar for the mods.

Armando

I agree, .25 to .50 on the dollar on the street, dealers will give you $0.00 on trade for most of the stuff. wheels and stereo are about all that adds value to the book....
MAtt

rickysals said:
im not sure how accurate that site is. a 99 would be quicker than 4.7sec 0-60 w/CTSC wouldn't it??

Depending on a number of factors I have seen 4.4 published somewhere, but one guy with one of the dashboard mounted GPS based race units said he was able to get a 4.1, although who knows if that is true.

MiamieNeSeX said:

Armando

I agree with Armando for what its worth .02

Back