Reputable dealer for inspection in So California

Saw a car which is still under factory warranty but still don't feel good unless I get a dealer inspection report and engine compression/leak down test. I checked the FAQ but there isn't much info and only stated some of the owner's dealer experience feedback.

I am in the Los Angeles area and where can I take the car to? Should I just get the car certified while I am at it? Is there any other inspection/test I should ask the dealer to perform other than what I listed above?

Regards,
Sancho

Last edited:
i would say u go to valencia acura. its about 30-45 min north of LA near magic mountain. from the couple of times i have dealt with them they seemed to know there stuff. just my opinion.

BTW good luck!!!

Valencia Acura

I have been taking my NSX to Valencia Acura for about a year and a half and have found them to be honest and reliable.
They have 2 NSX techs there.
I have been happy with the service I have gotten there.

Joel 91 Black/Ivory

I heard there are two NSX master mechanics at South Bay Acura. John & Patrick. If I ever find the one I want to buy, I may go there. Haven't heard of a master mechanic being closer to me (West LA).

In addition to whatever pre-purchase inspection(s) you arrange, the car should have a smog inspection before you buy. In California, the seller is responsible for providing smog certification (see http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm ).

P.S. To those of you who recommended Valencia Acura: are you getting fair prices? They quoted me four hours labor for an alignment, and I went elsewhere.

Tom239 said:
In addition to whatever pre-purchase inspection(s) you arrange, the car should have a smog inspection before you buy. In California, the seller is responsible for providing smog certification (see http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm ).

Thanks for the info Tom.. I have just imformed the seller about this. I am sure he will agree since it's the law.

my friend dealt with acura of pasadena. he wasnt very happy...plus i dont really think they have any master techs there. if i were u i would try and stay away from them....use them as a last resort...hope this helps

actually i do trust valencia acura...pricing wise i believe all acura dealers will charge the same...but take this in consideration..they do the alignment in house unlike some other acura dealerships ie acura pasadena. i would rather have it done at a dealership by someone who knows the car then have then drive it somewhere else where u have no idea what they're qualifications r especially on a NSX.

BTW i had my alignment done at valencia acura..dont exactly remember how much i paid..car was back to top condition along with the other things i had done.

Jon Martin (service manager AND an NSX owner) in Acura of South Bay (Torrance, CA). He will take good care of you and he knows your car better than you do.

Joel said:
Jon Martin (service manager AND an NSX owner) in Acura of South Bay (Torrance, CA). He will take good care of you and he knows your car better than you do.

Joe is the service manager? But does he work on NSX when someone brings it in?

Back