Replacing clutch slave/master

So after my 3,500 mile trip with my new to me NSX...the slave/master has decided to go. I am looking online and I don't see any "upgraded" ones, mainly just OEM. Is that what everyone replaces theirs with?

There are no "upgraded" versions that I'm aware of. OEM will last many years if bled every 2 years with good fluid.

Note that I bought new ones from RockAuto (http://www.rockauto.com/catalog ) at about 1/3 the dealer cost. Every bump, dimple, etc matched the OEM part. With the low volume production of NSX's, many places sell parts from the OEM without the Acura name - and without the Aura mark-up. So, it pays to look around.

I bleed mine every couple years and despite that they failed after only ( :smile: )16 years, yet my '84 Corvette is on the original clutch master/slave. I know other NSX owners with similar experience (but vs a Supra, Viper, etc.) So, perhaps this is a moderately weak part on the NSX.

I actually looked around a ton on Prime and did a little researching myself....I ordered from RockAuto as well. I should have everything by Friday!

If you are looking for a cheep upgrade while doing you master go ahead and add their braided stainless brake lines. It is cheep and easy. Firms up the feel quite a bit. Also make sure when bleeding you go the extra mile and get every last bubble out. Be aware that if doing this yourself THERE IS A SPECIFIC SEQUENCE IN WHICH TO BLEED THE LINES.

I actually looked around a ton on Prime and did a little researching myself....I ordered from RockAuto as well. I should have everything by Friday!

If you are looking for a cheep upgrade while doing you master go ahead and add their braided stainless brake lines. It is cheep and easy. Firms up the feel quite a bit. Also make sure when bleeding you go the extra mile and get every last bubble out. Be aware that if doing this yourself THERE IS A SPECIFIC SEQUENCE IN WHICH TO BLEED THE LINES.

sounds like you're talking about brakes instead of clutch? The clutch bleed procedure is quite simple.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I am trying to find rear brake hoses, and it seems they are discontinued according to oemacuraparts.com . So, what does everybody do?

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I am trying to find rear brake hoses, and it seems they are discontinued according to oemacuraparts.com . So, what does everybody do?

Just go with the Goodridge braided hoses all round or order the later model hoses which are only about 1" longer (I assume they are available for 1997 onwards still).

bleeding procedure for the clutch lines: I believe you have to physically press down and then pull up the pedal several times as it will not spring back up like the brake pedal does.

Back