• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

replacement for factory anttenna

Thinking about doing away with the factory flagpole antenna. was wondering about one of those stubby antennas, and do they work well. something with a lower profile. I do use the radio FM on occasion. Anybody's thoughts on this would be appreciated

Thinking about doing away with the factory flagpole antenna. was wondering about one of those stubby antennas, and do they work well. something with a lower profile. I do use the radio FM on occasion. Anybody's thoughts on this would be appreciated

The issue has been discussed many times. Three options was available.
1. Shark Attack Antenna
2. Guppy Attack
3. S2000 Antenna

You can still buy the first on amazon (Metra 44-UA46), the second one has been discontinued and your best bet is from other owners, not sure about the third one as this one required drilling on the fender to fix the unit.

In fact, the reception really depends on where you locate. I live in metro and my shark attack antenna works just like my OEM fish pole. If you live in rural or mountain area, I suggest you keep the fish pole.

Try to use search function get to more information about nsx antenna.

I just checked Amazon and it states the Metra 44-UA46 does not fit any model NSX. So will it fit? Have the model changed? I also like to make the change.

Frankie

The issue has been discussed many times. Three options was available.
1. Shark Attack Antenna
2. Guppy Attack
3. S2000 Antenna

You can still buy the first on amazon (Metra 44-UA46), the second one has been discontinued and your best bet is from other owners, not sure about the third one as this one required drilling on the fender to fix the unit.

In fact, the reception really depends on where you locate. I live in metro and my shark attack antenna works just like my OEM fish pole. If you live in rural or mountain area, I suggest you keep the fish pole.

Try to use search function get to more information about nsx antenna.

- - - Updated - - -

After reading the reviews, a few NSX owner said it fits perfectly. I will order this and give it a try.

Frankie

I just checked Amazon and it states the Metra 44-UA46 does not fit any model NSX. So will it fit? Have the model changed? I also like to make the change.

Frankie

Just an FYI, by my location, these are useless. I am in a rural area a ways outside of the city, so it may be fine where you are.

Regards,
LarryB

Back