Replaceing Window Regulator on 92 NSX

A few years ago I had to replace the window regulator on the passenger side. I found a set of instructions on exactly how to do this with detailed pictures. Now the driver's side has failed and I can't seem to find these instructions again. Looked everywhere.

Anyone have any idea where I can find them again. It's possible it was not on this site, but it seems an excellent topic. I did find references here to the service manual, which I've looked at but the instructions I found had excellent advice on how to mark the alignment info so you don't have to go through an extensive reset. Also had reference to a place that would rebuild your regulator at reasonable price.

I have the door panel off so no problem there...

Thanks for your help.

Hank Grant

Last edited:
take the main window buttons off the door panel. then plug it into the correct plug. then turn ign on to lower the window. pull back the door plastic liner so you can see the wondo bolts.

lower the window till you see the bolts that hold the glass to the motor. take bolts out. pull window up with your hands and tape the bottom part of the window so it will stay in the up postion

remove all the bolts holding the regulator 6-7 I forget. put in new regulator, reconnect the glass to the new motor. you may need to lower the motor to find the holes for thsoe bolts.

test window up fully, then down fully. put panel back on done.

The instructions from the hugabuga window fix/speed improvement kit that adds pulleys to reduce friction may be what you saw in the past. Do a search for his kit and you'll find the link to the instructions.

Do yourself a big favor get some Shin-Etsu Silicone grease and apply some to the run channel to help lube it to reduce the fricition on the glass. This puts less strain on the window motor and helps the window travel a little faster. Go to the dealer or look on line for it.

This regulator repair works fine. Replacement clips are metal. Reassembly was no problem. Screw tabs are very fragile though. On to the sagging headliner.
hank

Hi, I need to fix the speaker amp and need the door panels clips that my dealer says break easily. Where did you get yours? I assumed they work well being metal. Thanks. I sent you an email as well. [email protected]
Thanks,
Daniel

Back