Replace leather seat covers

I have a 2000 NSX and it's time to replace to seat covers. The Florida heat has not been kind to them. I would like to replace them with stock covers. The 2000 year covers have the perforated centers. I checked with the company offering Acura covers but offers no option for my year. I checked Leatherseats.com. and they offer the perforated centers. Any one have experience with either company? I plan on having them installed by an upholstery shop. Thanks. Jerry

I have a 2000 NSX and it's time to replace to seat covers. The Florida heat has not been kind to them. I would like to replace them with stock covers. The 2000 year covers have the perforated centers. I checked with the company offering Acura covers but offers no option for my year. I checked Leatherseats.com. and they offer the perforated centers. Any one have experience with either company? I plan on having them installed by an upholstery shop. Thanks. Jerry
Jerry also check Rides.com. Who in Tampa are you going to use to put them on? I am in Lutz.

I had a really good experience with leatherseats. High quality pieces.

Just curious, are they good enough that you've had passengers comment on how good the leather is? I ask because back when I was shopping for an NSX, the seller of one I considered said the seats had been recovered by a previous owner and he didn't know the brand but his passengers often commented on them. Since then I've wondered which brand those were, though I suppose it's possible they were custom one-offs.

You can ask @jazzmann who has the car now, but when I had it, I got a lot of compliments on the quality of the leather. It was an Ivory interior.

Bsansx: I have used a small shop on Florida Ave., just south of Fletcher Ave. He covered the engine compartment in my NSX and did some other work for me. Nice eclectic collection of cars. I have a 66 and 68 Corvette and a 70 SS Chevelle. If you ever need a hand with the Camero, my friend has a 68 with a 396/375. He has a shop on Nebraska and always has a classic car in his shop. I can PM you with the contact info on the upholstery shop. Jerry

Bsansx: I have used a small shop on Florida Ave., just south of Fletcher Ave. He covered the engine compartment in my NSX and did some other work for me. Nice eclectic collection of cars. I have a 66 and 68 Corvette and a 70 SS Chevelle. If you ever need a hand with the Camero, my friend has a 68 with a 396/375. He has a shop on Nebraska and always has a classic car in his shop. I can PM you with the contact info on the upholstery shop. Jerry
There are a few leather shops around. let me know which one you use.

I ordered my covers from leatherseats.com and really happy with the results. The company even called to double check the order before making them. He even asked if I needed advice on the installation. Great customer service.

I know you mentioned that you will have a shop do the install. I can share my experience; as I installed the covers myself.
The fit was really nice. Everything lined up very well. The construction was close to factory. There were a few differences with the velcro pieces, but all those are well hidden. Overall, I'm very happy with the covers. It even made the old car smell new again.

Note: It appears that aftermarket covers do not depreciate its value based on this one data point from BaT. A set of seats were sold for $8K. I don't know which brand of covers were on these seats, but they look similar to mine. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/seats-21/

I know you're taking yours seats to a shop, but here is a preview of what they would be doing. I used this video to install mine.

I purchased the entire driver/passenger OEM leather seat cover/cushion replacement parts through MITA Motorsports for my '99 several months ago.

Also, I did see 2000+ OEM perforated leather seat parts on Amayama or Megazip, can't remember which, but it was definitely in stock when I checked several months ago. I was actually considering the perforated leather, as I do prefer that over the gathered leather of the pre-2000 model year!

1724251329518.png

Last edited:
Back