Replace 2003 Left Tail Light Assmbly

Greetings
Anyone have a guess what it will cost to get the left taillight assembly changed on a 2003? It has started to rain and mine apparently has a crack in it -- getting moisture inside the lenses.

Martin

Greetings
Anyone have a guess what it will cost to get the left taillight assembly changed on a 2003? It has started to rain and mine apparently has a crack in it -- getting moisture inside the lenses.

Martin

I believe the side lenses are around $250. That's a ballpark estimate...

Moisture in the lenses is fairly common. You might want to try removing it and drilling a small pinhole in the bottom so moisture can more easily escape.

The tail lights are open to the trunk so the most likely cause of condensation is moisture in the trunk. Either from something wet in the trunk or bad tail light gaskets allowing water in. I would not recommend drilling holes in the tail lights.

The tail lights are open to the trunk so the most likely cause of condensation is moisture in the trunk. Either from something wet in the trunk or bad tail light gaskets allowing water in. I would not recommend drilling holes in the tail lights.

Doing some more research the drilling of holes seems to be a controversial practice at best. Some have done it and report good results but the issue remains why is there water there in the first place?

Clearly there's moisture in the trunk where the lights are open. I would inspect/replace the gaskets and make sure they're sealed properly.

Do a search in the for sale forum. I believe Charleysung had a set of 04's for sale.

Or, you can call the guys at Peoria Acura and they will give you a discount

www.oemacuraparts.com

Greetings
Los Gatos Acura will change one for $700 and change. Do any of you have any history with getting an NSX serviced there? I am curious.
thanks,
Martin

Back