Repairing a minor ding in the leather

I just managed to nick the edge of my passenger seat with a package. There's a pinhead-sized area where I took off the smooth surface of the leather. (Argh.)

The FAQ recommends Surflex for leather repair. Anyone have any other recommendations, or is Surflex the thing to use?

I don't want the smooth surface around the ding to start peeling off, which it's bound to do, being in an area the leg rubs against.

Thanks...

I've used it on dash boards, arm rests, consoles, but have never used it on a heavy contact area like a seat. On thier site they say it will last. It's not a quick 1,2,3 deal. It takes some time and patience. The leather has to be washed, cleaned, sanded and very dry before applying the product and spraying the final coats.
Read the directions and follow them carefully. It really has to be clean and dry dry,dry, dry between steps! Did I say dry? Well it has to dry and leather depending on the environment can take some time to dry.
There was a thread on this not too long ago
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5962&highlight=leather+repair
They had suggested Dr. Vinyl and they do a good job.

Last edited:
Back