renting a house

It varies from one jurisdiction for another. I would suggest contacting your municipal government and asking them. In my city, the department to ask is called "property standards" but it might be part of your town's building department.

Lots of towns have pretty good websites that show, at a minimum, the phone numbers for the various departments in town government.

I don't think you need a permit to rent a house out in LA. For other houses that I've owned, I put ads out in the paper to rent them out, never gone through any permit process.

Never needed a permit when I advertised for the house I'm renting in Riverside County.
You might want to investigate using one of the housing locater firms in the area. They won't charge you and the advantage is they send potential renters over to you carrying sealed envelopes with credit reports and personal info already filled out.
The potential renter pays for the service. The advantage to them is they only have to get their credt score ran once.

I had good luck with Rent Ready.

Rent Ready Incorporated
3200 Inland Empire Blvd Ste 210
Ontario, CA 91764-5513

Telephone: (909) 944-5888

Joel said:
You'd be in the supra forums. :D

I dont think I would be there... I really dont like the car I much rather be in the Viper forums. But the NSX will always be the best car ever made to me.

thank for all the info for renting.

A good friend of mine is into renting places in Vegas and other places.

The reason he chose Nevada and other places other than California is because of the landlord friendly laws. If a tenant fails to pay up on time, and refuses to cooperate with the landlord, he/she can be evicted with 5 days notice.

In California if you find a deadbeat renter it is much harder to evict the renter. The law makes it easy for deadbeats to abuse the system to drain landlords.

You might want to look into that aspect of it just to make sure you are willing to take the risk.

Back