• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removing Orange Lense Inside Blinker

Does anyone how to or has anyone removed the orange lense inside the front blinker? I thought it was just an orange bulb and was going to replace it with a silver bulb that blinks orange for a cleaner look, but found the blinker has actually got a orange lense inside.

Here is a LED conversion.
Image02.jpg

Image01.jpg

Image06.jpg

I was thinking about doing something similar. The suggestions I got were to start with a solding iron to make holes in the orange piece, then start chipping away at it and fish/shake the pieces out of the bulb mount hole.

I take it thats a complete light that can be purchased somewhere? or is that a modded OEM light? The lense is completely different from mine.

It is the OEM lamp assembly modded with LED, you can get it form Clearcorner.com.

Last edited:
Well I done this mod today and I do like the result however I can tell you, it wasn't straight forward and there were a few factors. But I'll do a write up and explain it better shortly.

Heres a few quick photos, I'll post some better ones when I get the other side done. It look better in the flesh.

DSC01810.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

DSC01812.jpg

I had mine cracked out or drilled out by my audio shop guy. He did not scratch the lens at all. I did let him use one set as a guinea pig though.

I just finished clearing out mine from the back. It was NOT easy, and it didn't come out perfectly, though you can't tell from the outside. It's hard to mess up the outer lens, 'cause there is another inner clear lens that you'll screw up first. :biggrin: Interestingly, the heat shield for the bulb stays in place using the orange insert, so you have to cement or otherwise attach it in place, though since they only blink, the housing might not melt even if you removed it.

I took everything out of the lense and replaced the bulb with a clear LED bulb that blinks orange when in use, its also got almost no heat properties so it wont affect the lamp with the metal heat shield removed.

Inside the light housing there is two lenses that cover the marker bulb one is a yellow filter and one is a clear diffuser that helps spread light evenly. I just removed the inner filter (yellow) by braking it up with a pair of needle nose pliers and cutting it with dikes. I put clear bulb in to make them brighter and more visible.Its not exactly street legal but I don’t care you and everyone else can see them better. :smile:

You make it sound like taking the orange bit out is easy! I had a hell of a time with em, first cause that plastic is STRONG. I ended up using a soldering iron and melting it to pieces on the 2nd one. Also, the orange piece mechanically connects the clear part (which doesn't seem to have any patterns in it so I dunno if it actually diffuses anything) and the metal frame, so I had to use a little glue to keep those pieces from rattling around inside. I like yellow instead of white or blue, so that's what I'm running.

I didn’t find it all that difficult?? The Amber/Yellow/Orange filter, is just that a filter. Makes the marker appear Amber/Yellow/Orange. The diffuser is the clear => ] <= shaped plastic piece behind the filter that helps diffuse the light evenly, and make it so when you look threw the clear lenses you don’t see the bulb.

You make it sound like taking the orange bit out is easy! I had a hell of a time with em, first cause that plastic is STRONG. I ended up using a soldering iron and melting it to pieces on the 2nd one. Also, the orange piece mechanically connects the clear part (which doesn't seem to have any patterns in it so I dunno if it actually diffuses anything) and the metal frame, so I had to use a little glue to keep those pieces from rattling around inside. I like yellow instead of white or blue, so that's what I'm running.

Yeah your right, its NOT easy! I tried that method first and then found that its messy, bits are left inside and not secured so I choose a different route.

Full details and pics here:

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5271

A couple of years ago (maybe around 2002-2004) there was a member on here who did this as a service to members who wanted it. He never revealed his secret but I've heard no complaints from anyone who had theirs done. I'm sure a search would turn up the prior threads.

A couple of years ago (maybe around 2002-2004) there was a member on here who did this as a service to members who wanted it. He never revealed his secret but I've heard no complaints from anyone who had theirs done. I'm sure a search would turn up the prior threads.

i found it pretty easy, just have to know how to do it. :biggrin:

For these NA1 lenses, how are they removed from the car? Is it just snap clips or where are the screws?

No bumper removal necessary right?

Bulbs inside for blinker and parking are both 1156?

For these NA1 lenses, how are they removed from the car? Is it just snap clips or where are the screws?

No bumper removal necessary right?

Bulbs inside for blinker and parking are both 1156?

You need a extra long Philips screw driver which will go in from under the lens housing. You will find a small tunnel in the open area where people usually place fog lights, closest to the center of the bumper where the emblem is. Unscrew that and pop out the lens.

You don't have to remove the bumper.

Not sure about the bulb sizes...

Anything Orange on the car should be left on!!! :biggrin:

You need a extra long Philips screw driver which will go in from under the lens housing. You will find a small tunnel in the open area where people usually place fog lights, closest to the center of the bumper where the emblem is. Unscrew that and pop out the lens.

You don't have to remove the bumper.

Not sure about the bulb sizes...

I must be old and senile - I do not see this green tunnel anywhere! Do you have a picture by chance? haha

I'm looking in the opening under the bumper lense, you are not talking about under the actual plastic lense are you? Wouldn't that scratch the bumper?

I must be old and senile - I do not see this green tunnel anywhere! Do you have a picture by chance? haha

I'm looking in the opening under the bumper lense, you are not talking about under the actual plastic lense are you? Wouldn't that scratch the bumper?

A #2 1/4" Philips with a 6" shank will work just fine. Insert the screwdriver into the circled hole. The screw on the parking light light assembly is captured and you don't have to worry about loosing the screw. Once the screw is loose, you can pry (with your fingers) the light assembly out from the side closet to the center and the fixed clip is on the fender side. Just 1 screw to loosen.
ParkingLightAssemblyAccess.jpg

Last edited:

I think we're talking about two different cars here. S4Play is probably looking at his 2004 while the description given to remove the lense is for a 1991-2001 model. :smile:

s4play, I don't think your car has the tunnel nor the signal light (unless you bought a '91-'01) :biggrin:

Back