Removed front license plate holder...what do I plug the holes with?

Moved to a state that doesn't require front tags. Two of my cars had the brackets...which I removed. But now 2 or 4 screw holes remain in the front bumper.

My guess is that I should be able to buy some kind of plastic tab from a home improvement store that should fill the hole....kind of like a plastic thumb tack. Does anyone have any suggestions (or what section of a home improvement store I can find such an item)?

Thanks.

Yes...my Integra HAD plugs from the dealer, I believe...until they fell out :( I think you can still get them though.

I found out the Porsche dealership sells them for the low low price of $75 for a set of 2. So it will ONLY cost me $225 for 6 small pieces of plastic. They literally look like plastic thumb tacks.

Any other ideas? Does anyone know if a hardware store sells similar type plugs for other applications?

First, let's be certain that you are talking about an NSX.....because my NSX does not any holes in the front bumper and I do not run a front plate. :confused:

Not talking about my NSX (didn't have a front license tag). BMW and Porsche did so I'm trying to find plugs for those.

I found bumperplugs.com which might work and they're $25 per set. Still seems high for 2 pieces of plastic but much better than the $75 per set at Porsche.

I can attest to the quality of bumperplugs.com's product as I am a former Boxster owner and had them on my car. I'd buy them again if I had holes (even though it's a rip).
RJ

I've popped plastic plugs into the location of previous front plate brackets on several occasions. I've gone to the local ACE hardware miscellaneous "bin" section and just picked through the various plastic plugs they have. Never paid more than about $0.50 each. They usually come in black and white. I have even scuffed the plastic plugs and painted them with touch-up paint which has held up for years.

Good luck,

Ben

Why not use something like this? Comes in different sizes, should be paintable if you use the right prep.

2140C.JPG

WeakestLink said:
lemans...what exactly is that called/used for? That's exactly what I thought I could find in a hardware store. Thanks.

That's a retaining clip normally used for plastic trim panels - such as you would find lining the trunk or wheel well area of almost any automobile. Available from auto body supply store or probably bigger auto parts stores, maybe even from car dealer parts dept. You should know that once they go in they can be a pain to get back out.

WeakestLink said:
lemans...what exactly is that called/used for? That's exactly what I thought I could find in a hardware store. Thanks.

Those pieces can be found at Lowe's in their misc. drawers. They have a great selection of sizes and so forth. I used those in my trunk and in my fender liner instead of using the $4 clips that Acura sells. (Not on my NSX) They are about 50 cents each as has been stated.

Back