Removal of CTSC

Anyone have experience of opinions about the removal of a CTSC system and restoring the engine back to stock specs? Is this realistic? What are the pitfalls, etc?

Will the car ever be truly stock again or once you go the CTSC route, there is really no going back.

Thanks for the opinions!

My car had a CTSC that was removed by one of the prior owners based on documentation that came with the car. The only sign that it had a CTSC is the connectors for the piggyback engine management.

I told my mechanic to retain everything he might need to put it back someday. Not sure why, it seems like the cost of the car + CTSC is about the same as the car (without CTSC) plus the CTSC removed and sold separately. Not sure I would bother.

Everything I've read says the car would be as good as it ever was minus the CTSC. I wouldn't worry about that if everything else checks out.

Keep in mind some people prefer to buy non boosted nsx. Even when removed signs of being sc'ed would make me think twice. But that's because I'm NA fanatic. It was documented that on low boost c series runs for thousands of miles including track time. It's just the fact is more components not just engine are under extra stress. But back to the topic - sure it can be reverted. Pretty quickly actually

Be sure you remove the extended alternator output wiring (as the CTSC relocates the alternator) completely - the car will still work if you leave this in after re-installing the stock alternator, but it is extraneous high-current wiring which can fray and pinch and short out.

Thanks for all the input so far guys.
I guess as an extension to the question, does having a CTSC system on create additional wear on the engine significantly above and beyond the stock configuration? EX: is 10K miles on a CTSC compare to 10K of wear on a stock configuration or is it significantly more?

Thanks for all the input so far guys.
I guess as an extension to the question, does having a CTSC system on create additional wear on the engine significantly above and beyond the stock configuration? EX: is 10K miles on a CTSC compare to 10K of wear on a stock configuration or is it significantly more?

I expect it depends on how bad it was tortured for those 10K.

...does having a CTSC system on create additional wear on the engine significantly above and beyond the stock configuration? EX: is 10K miles on a CTSC compare to 10K of wear on a stock configuration or is it significantly more?

I don't specifically know about wear, but my engine is currently being rebuilt after multiple head bolts pulled the threads out of the block. It wore a CTSC since leaving the original dealership and had 39k miles when it went. It was a low-boost 3.2L with the stock CT fueling. I bought the car on the idea that the CTSC was known to be reliable and generally problem free, but I don't think that's a true statement. Other 3.2L seem to have pulled the head-bolt threads, including one that was not SC, but it seems hard to think that the SC had little/nothing to do with the issue. In my experience, a CTSC increases the odds of catastrophic failure significantly and I have to imagine that it also increases wear. During the rebuild, I am replacing items that may wear, such as engine bearings, and having the head gone through to make sure all the valves are operating in top form. I'm also changing to a piggback fuel-control system.

Back