Removal of Carbon Rear Spoiler?

Looking at inventory 2018 Acura NSXs. I prefer the clean lines without the rear spoiler. Does anyone know if you can remove the carbon rear spoiler with a heat gun? I can't tell if the body is different when you order the carbon rear spoiler. It looks like it is just glued onto the top. I know, crazy question but the deals on inventory NSXs are hard to pass up.

Looking at inventory 2018 Acura NSXs. I prefer the clean lines without the rear spoiler. Does anyone know if you can remove the carbon rear spoiler with a heat gun? I can't tell if the body is different when you order the carbon rear spoiler. It looks like it is just glued onto the top. I know, crazy question but the deals on inventory NSXs are hard to pass up.

Welcome to the site and good luck finding the car you like

I did a quick look on cars.com

Of the 65 new ones listed, 21 are orange

My sense is the dealers bought into the new color, but the buyers may not have

I agree ... even I am normally a fan of Carbon stuffs.. but the Spoiler on NSX is ... um ... doesn't do nothing ..Even Michelle, the designer, said she doesn't like the Spoiler .. but it is after-thought .. so Honda/Acura can make more $$ ... (or now say loose less $$)

I agree ... even I am normally a fan of Carbon stuffs.. but the Spoiler on NSX is ... um ... doesn't do nothing ..Even Michelle, the designer, said she doesn't like the Spoiler .. but it is after-thought .. so Honda/Acura can make more $$ ... (or now say loose less $$)
LOL - I just rewatched the Leno video and I felt like when she said that, the other guy was none too pleased. Unfortunately the one I just purchased new today (2018) had it. But it actually doesn't look as bad as I thought, but if I were doing BTO I would leave it off!

Back