Reminder for the holidays - appreciate your life and your loved ones

Today I spent an entire day with relatives, participating in a rememberance ceremony and celebration to remember two relatives who passed away one year ago.

To make the event sadder, two weeks ago, another aunt of mine who was in her 60's passed away unexpectedly as well. She was supposed to be part of the ceremony today.

She and my mother-in-law had taken a cruise to Spain and toured Europe just 3 weeks ago. One week after she returned, vibrant and healthy, she suddenly succumbed to a brain aneurysm and died.

I spent some time with her husband and her son today, who were still in shock as to how suddenly she passed away in her prime. You could still feel the sorrow and sadness in their voices.

Anyway, it was a reminder about how life can pass by so quickly for us, and to appreciate life everyday regardless of what is thrown at you.

So may you have a blessed holiday season and appreciate every day that you have on this earth :)

Absolutely. Well said. We all need little reminders like this. Life is so short.

On the funny side, While we should enjoy every day for what it's worth, I soooo hope there are NSX's in heaven and an autobahn. :p

Back