Reminder: Daylight Savings Time

Just a friendly reminder for those in states that observe daylight savings time. Tonight (Saturday night/Sunday morning) is the night to move clocks ahead one hour.

Yeah, one extra hour of daylight in the afternoon to wash my cars. I'm so happy. :D Summer is just around the corner.

Don't confuse the ones that are already confused! I just remember I'm more tired this time then the next time :D

Sorry if I'm confusing anyone, but I believe my reasoning is sound. :) Move ahead one hour tonight, so you lose one hour for only tonight. After today, dusk is pushed back an hour, so it'll feel like you "gain" an hour of daylight until we set our clocks back in October. (I wake up typically around 8:00AM, so no matter what time of year, it's already daylight by the time I get up.)

FuryNSX said:
Sorry if I'm confusing anyone, but I believe my reasoning is sound. :) Move ahead one hour tonight, so you lose one hour for only tonight. After today, dusk is pushed back an hour, so it'll feel like you "gain" an hour of daylight until we set our clocks back in October.
There's a reason they call it "Daylight Savings Time". FuryNSX, you are absolutely correct in your reasoning.

nkb said:
There's a reason they call it "Daylight Savings Time". FuryNSX, you are absolutely correct in your reasoning.
Thanks. I remember learning about Daylight Savings Time when I was a kid back in the Seventies and CBS had that little 5 minute news break during Saturday morning cartoons like ABC had Schoolhouse Rock. I think the segment was called "In the News".

Last edited:
FuryNSX said:
Thanks. I remember learning about Daylight Savings Time when I was a kid back in the Seventies and CBS had that little 5 minute news break during Saturday morning cartoons like ABC had Schoolhouse Rock. I think the segment was called "In the News".

I believe that aired right between "Conjunction Junction" and "Today I am still just a Bill, heading up to Capitol Hill". :D

Back