Red Light Camera Ticket!

Last month I screwed up and missed my exit in Temecula, so I took the next one up in Murrieta and ended up on a street chalk full of red light cameras:frown: Thought I beat the yellow but saw a flash as I went thru a 3 way intersection:eek: so a few week later I get the picture in the mail and a nice little $494 fine to go with it...My question is ,has anyone on here ever got out of one of those RLC tickets before??? I'm thinking of using one of those ticket attorneys, but don't want to waste $100-200 more for nothing...

Re: Red Light Camera Ticket!!!

Just curious...how fast do you think you were going? I'm trying to figure out how good those cameras really are. I mean if you were going through the intersection @ 40mph at night, and they were still able to get a good image of your plate, those cameras must be spectacular.

a nice little $494 fine to go with it...

HOOOOO... OHHHHH!!! :eek: FREAKING OHHHHHHHHH!!!

That's INSANE! I'd go back and chop that thing into pieces! I've never heard of a simple fine being so much! I'm sorry, I've got nothing useful to say, I'm just stunned.

HOOOOO... OHHHHH!!! :eek: FREAKING OHHHHHHHHH!!!

That's INSANE! I'd go back and chop that thing into pieces! I've never heard of a simple fine being so much! I'm sorry, I've got nothing useful to say, I'm just stunned.

thats what I said...bout threw up in my mouth when I saw that and thats without trafic school. Add another $50-100 if you want to go...I will NEVER run a yellow light again though:redface:

thats what I said...bout threw up in my mouth when I saw that and thats without trafic school. Add another $50-100 if you want to go...I will NEVER run a yellow light again though:redface:

Alright, I knew California was in bad shape but running a yellow light consists of a $500 fine AND traffic school? You really need to move one state to the east and join us in the hopes that California gets sent into the ocean by the wrath of the Mormon God of thunder and his earthquakes.

You gotta read up on them. Some of them aren't even real tickets. They want you to sign them and send money effectively admitting that you broke the law when the ticket wasn't even from the police department.

http://www.highwayrobbery.net/

Ask that the camera appear in court to testify.

Just curious...how fast do you think you were going? I'm trying to figure out how good those cameras really are. I mean if you were going through the intersection @ 40mph at night, and they were still able to get a good image of your plate, those cameras must be spectacular.

Mythbusters did an episode on them. Even a Gallardo couldn't beat the camera! :wink:

top gear did one way back when...

needed a tvr going 170+ i believe before the camera couldn't 'catch' the car...

Alright, I knew California was in bad shape but running a yellow light consists of a $500 fine AND traffic school? You really need to move one state to the east and join us in the hopes that California gets sent into the ocean by the wrath of the Mormon God of thunder and his earthquakes.

well apparently it was red when I went thru, just saying that I wont ever try to beat a yellow light again...And one state to the east would be AZ/NV and AZ is even worse, they have speeding cameras up and down the freeways:eek: That is scary!!!

I've been to the DMV several times since not paying for a photo radar ticket.

i don't doubt it but be assured it will catch up, along with a fine. if you have more than one it may even result in a warrant without you being informed of course. these things do not slip through cracks like everyone thinks, especially these days when the state is broke. just fyi, i know this from a friend's experience.

I heard that the traffic cams are high end DLSR Nikons that can even freeze a Veyron.

trafficCam.jpg

BTW, when I went to traffic school the instructor said that in CA, they can still issue u a ticket for crossing the limit line while it's yellow. It falls under that nebulus "unsafe driving" law.

Back