Red/Black 1991 JH4NA1152MT002449 is DOA...

I saw the stripped-down car after dissassembly, the pre-stripped video of the motor and trans. This one is never coming back as I understand it is headed to the melters.

RIP.

Update: This car frame is going to a new home. The front rails are coming out and being put into another front-end damaged car. So, not all is lost!

Its not a big loss. This was a very high serial No. 1991 and generally unremarkable.
It'll just make all the other 1991s out there that much more rare.

True enough, nikey. Although I would argue that no NSX is "generally unremarkable" as each has potential, even if it is not currently a shining example.

But my point was that this VIN might show up down the road as part of some less than honest offer. Also I believe one of our members is keeping a registry of lost NSX VINs.

Its not a big loss. This was a very high serial No. 1991 and generally unremarkable.

The point of these "Beware!" posts are to ensure they show up on Google searches to help potential buyers know their histories. My goal for posting mine was to do the same. I am pretty sure that the fact pattern with this car it will never see the road. But, one never knows. So, I am posting.

As to cars coming off the road and making others more valuable, I suppose that is true. I am not a fan of losing more of these. I would prefer to see as many running as possible.

As to this model being not a very good example in general. If you knew the upgrades this guy had done...holy smokes he did a nice job. But, that is all lost now.

Happy motoring to you and the rest of the Primers out there!

The point of these "Beware!" posts are to ensure they show up on Google searches to help potential buyers know their histories. My goal for posting mine was to do the same. I am pretty sure that the fact pattern with this car it will never see the road. But, one never knows. So, I am posting.

As to cars coming off the road and making others more valuable, I suppose that is true. I am not a fan of losing more of these. I would prefer to see as many running as possible.

As to this model being not a very good example in general. If you knew the upgrades this guy had done...holy smokes he did a nice job. But, that is all lost now.

Happy motoring to you and the rest of the Primers out there!

^This, A quick google search of a VIN lead me to a "beware" Prime thread and likely saved me some serious headaches and an empty trailer round trip. Just like women, they can be terribly sexy but you don't know how crazy it really is until it's moved in with you.

^This, A quick google search of a VIN lead me to a "beware" Prime thread and likely saved me some serious headaches and an empty trailer round trip. Just like women, they can be terribly sexy but you don't know how crazy it really is until it's moved in with you.

You are not suggesting someone with this exact SN was trying to sell a car, were you? My sense is you meant another VIN and you are posting here as an example. If I am wrong, let's discuss off line and depending upon the facts, let's get RSO34 involved.

To be clear...this car is completely chopped up. The door sill VIN plate is removable and was sold with some parts. The body VIN plate is still attached to a car that has the roof cut off and absolutely not a bolt or nut on the car. It is just aluminum and welds, stripped. The frame was sold to someone that needed the rails only. The rest is headed to the melter.

The engine and transmission are with me. As are all the other removable parts.

The car may be gone but the VIN lives on and could still be used by a scammer for evil. Think of someone using a deceased person's SSN. Same type of thing only with a car identity. I know your car can't get a credit card (or at least probably not...but credit cards have been issued to dogs and other non-humans). But it is a legitimate (real) vin and could, for example, be used in a scam ad.

Higher serial numbers are closer to first production and serial number 0001 is last one off the line for that year. I think...

There's no way, Honda would have had to know exactly how many cars they would need to build each year and then work backwards to 000001. This is impossible.
higher serial number = car rolled off assembly line later.

Back