red 95 at acura of boston

Hopefully someone in the Boston area can chime in. If your talking about the same one I saw in the paper a couple of weeks ago, its seems like a steal at that price unless there is something wrong with it.

It does seem under priced especially for an acura dealer. If anyone can take a look at it for me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I am not an NSX owner, however a member of my family just recently became an owner. Also I hope to be getting one my self in the not too distant future, so I like to browse these forums. I had looked at the red NSX at Acura Of Boston, not in person, but the photos on the web, looks like a great deal. I really cannot comment on the condition of the car itself but I can comment on an experience I had with that particular dealership.

A couple of years ago Acura of Boston had what appeared to be a '99 BMW M3 in excellent condition. I took it for a spin looked it over on several occasions and being satisified I purchased the vehicle. This was really a great deal (30k miles, set of snow tires and rims plus original tires and rims for 27k), they had dropped the price on the car 4k in a week or something crazy like that, similiar to the price drop the red NSX just experienced.

Later I came to find out that the M3 had been in a accident (I found this out during inspection when trying to trade the car into a dealership) and the rear quarter panel had been replaced which they obviously never disclosed. The engine had various problems which were never major just plain annoying. Of course I ran a carfax prior to purchasing but carfax is trash, and the reports they create are worth less than the paper they are printed on. Anyway, I only had the car a half a year of so and got rid of it but I always had a bad taste in my mouth from my experience with Acura of Boston.

Now you could easily say, "Yeah but that was a BMW at a Acura Dealership", or "You should have had the car inspected prior to purchase". Normally a stand up dealership will not try to sell a damaged vehicle as one that is undamaged, that behavior is reserved for the smaller dealerships. Most dealerships will wholesale the car off to another smaller dealership and let them worry about a car with a less than stellar past.

Anyway, take it for what it's worth but I have been out of school for 4 years, and have had 6 cars in that time, all of which were purchased at different dealerships. Out of them, Acura of Boston was the only one that sold me a less than advertised automobile. Just make sure the car is inspected carefully prior to purchase. Sorry for the long post, but I thought it might be helpful.

eLANz said:
I am not an NSX owner, however a member of my family just recently became an owner. Also I hope to be getting one my self in the not too distant future, so I like to browse these forums. I had looked at the red NSX at Acura Of Boston, not in person, but the photos on the web, looks like a great deal. I really cannot comment on the condition of the car itself but I can comment on an experience I had with that particular dealership.

A couple of years ago Acura of Boston had what appeared to be a '99 BMW M3 in excellent condition. I took it for a spin looked it over on several occasions and being satisified I purchased the vehicle. This was really a great deal (30k miles, set of snow tires and rims plus original tires and rims for 27k), they had dropped the price on the car 4k in a week or something crazy like that, similiar to the price drop the red NSX just experienced.

Later I came to find out that the M3 had been in a accident (I found this out during inspection when trying to trade the car into a dealership) and the rear quarter panel had been replaced which they obviously never disclosed. The engine had various problems which were never major just plain annoying. Of course I ran a carfax prior to purchasing but carfax is trash, and the reports they create are worth less than the paper they are printed on. Anyway, I only had the car a half a year of so and got rid of it but I always had a bad taste in my mouth from my experience with Acura of Boston.

Now you could easily say, "Yeah but that was a BMW at a Acura Dealership", or "You should have had the car inspected prior to purchase". Normally a stand up dealership will not try to sell a damaged vehicle as one that is undamaged, that behavior is reserved for the smaller dealerships. Most dealerships will wholesale the car off to another smaller dealership and let them worry about a car with a less than stellar past.

Anyway, take it for what it's worth but I have been out of school for 4 years, and have had 6 cars in that time, all of which were purchased at different dealerships. Out of them, Acura of Boston was the only one that sold me a less than advertised automobile. Just make sure the car is inspected carefully prior to purchase. Sorry for the long post, but I thought it might be helpful.

Did you ask them if it was ever in an accident? I always ask and most of the time I get "does not appear to be" and then I say ok have your paint guy look over it and put it in writing by their general manager. Also, I think it depends on the salesperson your dealing with, some are up front, some truely dunno anything about the car, and others lie. Thank you for your feedback though.

Back