Recommended fabricators for double din dash modification?

My car should be here tomorrow or thursday and I need to get my dash modified for a double din stereo. I have spent hours looking over all the pictures here and really want to keep an OEM look to it if possible. I'm pretty handy but I don't want to mess up my dash.

Can anyone here recommend someone who could do this for me?

Thanks & hope to see you guys soon! JA

PM sent

The info I have sent in PM's has been for people who want to do the double din themselves. First off I will take NO credit for this procedure as I found this idea on another thread here. Basically you buy the SOS CF overlay to use as a template to cut out for your DD system. Use a Dremel for the cut as it will not crack the console. When you apply the overlay it will hide any imperfections from the cut.

For those who live in SoCal and want a good fabricator I have heard nothing but great things about Mike at MV Designz. They have worked with some car manufactures and has flown to Asia more than once to do jobs. They are very busy so you may have to wait. I had called to have them do my DD but they had just signed jobs with Toyota and Scion and I did not want to wait so I did it myself. Here is a link.

http://mvdesignz.net/

Always remember to cut small and file to fit !!! I also did my own install but I decided to keep the stock console intact in case I wanted to put the car back to original for a future owner. If you buy the CF overlay AND the composite console you can keep trying until you get it right......sure would be nice if they would just sell the composite console pre-cut for DD.

The info I have sent in PM's has been for people who want to do the double din themselves. First off I will take NO credit for this procedure as I found this idea on another thread here. Basically you buy the SOS CF overlay to use as a template to cut out for your DD system. Use a Dremel for the cut as it will not crack the console. When you apply the overlay it will hide any imperfections from the cut.

For those who live in SoCal and want a good fabricator I have heard nothing but great things about Mike at MV Designz. They have worked with some car manufactures and has flown to Asia more than once to do jobs. They are very busy so you may have to wait. I had called to have them do my DD but they had just signed jobs with Toyota and Scion and I did not want to wait so I did it myself. Here is a link.

http://mvdesignz.net/

Thats exactly how mine is inside my car for my double din nav unit. Looks perfect.

sure would be nice if they would just sell the composite console pre-cut for DD.

That too problematic because the bezel on every DD is different. Some are rounded or squared off more than others. A generic DD cutout would look sloppy for most units.

Back