Recommend a car for my sister-in-law

My sister-in-law is looking to buy a new car, and is greatly in danger of buying something extraordinarily boring. She's in her mid-40s, single, and quite cute, and I want her to get something a little sportier, a little more upscale -- something to show her off, but not to the level of desperation. Ideas?

Ojas said:
What's she currently considering? How much is she expecting to spend?

She's looking at a base model Corolla. She's fairly rich, but cheap. I think I can talk her up to about $30K, but she could easily afford double that if she unwound her checkbook a bit.

any two door coupe, and if she looking into a toyota she should get a solara... cute girls in coupes get alot of men to look:D

what's on deck...

flaminio said:
She's looking at a base model Corolla...

hmmm, not necessairly as easy as one may assume ("would-be-Corolla-buyers"). My best friend went from a nice Mustang to Legend-Coupe to a new Corolla (recently). I tried to get him to make the jump to the NSX, he instead went w/ a Carolla. I think everyone has their own mind-set.

Perhaps get her to look into LexusIS300's if a Carolla is what appeals to her! That gets great looks. It's an overall respectable deal for a bit upscale, head-turner, balanced and practical car.
:cool:

(otherwise there is a plethora of nice sports-coupes in that market segment)

If $30K is the limit, can I recommend TSX? It's a C&D 10Best, you know...

The TL is nice also. Accord coupe I think is very stylish along with CLK and IS300 like others mentioned. A4 is very elegant as well.

Not that Corolla isn't a nice car, because it is. Obviously she's not into expensive cars/status symbols, which I think is a good thing. Women who like expensive things scare the hell out of me.:eek:

TSX, Accord coupe V6, used TL Type-S, used ES 300, used IS 300, used CL Type-S, used Infinity GS. All great cars.

flaminio said:
My sister-in-law is looking to buy a new car, and is greatly in danger of buying something extraordinarily boring. She's in her mid-40s, single, and quite cute, and I want her to get something a little sportier, a little more upscale -- something to show her off, but not to the level of desperation. Ideas?

NSX. ;)

G35 Coupe

Great car for the $$$$, not an NSX, but IMHO nicer than the 350Z, and a little more practical. But what the hell, I agree with everyone else, convince her to get a NSX, and show the world that she's got great taste!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NSXmadness said:
If $30K is the limit, can I recommend TSX? It's a C&D 10Best, you know...

The TL is nice also. Accord coupe I think is very stylish along with CLK and IS300 like others mentioned. A4 is very elegant as well.
I agree with all of these recommendations, more so the three Japanese cars because of better reliability than the German ones.

I think the Accord Coupe is probably the best of all, given her orientation towards not spending a lot of money.

I would recommend the G35 coupe or sedan, both are nice cars. She would have all the luxuries and great performance. You want her to get something sporty, so the coupe is probably the better option. The coupe also has a functional back seat. Plus the car looks great.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 176
CokerRat said:
> single, and quite cute

> fairly rich, but cheap

Forget the cars - what's her phone number? :D

Haha:D

Accord Coupe based on what you have told us so far.

CokerRat said:
> single, and quite cute

> fairly rich, but cheap

Forget the cars - what's her phone number? :D

yeah does she like younger guys?

i live closer than you coker ;) long distance relationships are hard maybe you should just let me handle this one =P

For $30k or less...

I second the G35 coupe/350Z as well. However, if she's stuck on a 4-door, how about the Mazda 6? I like the RSX and TSX too, but the Accord looks too much like a big Civic (i.e., not sporty enough) IMO.

BTW, my brother rented a Solara last weekend, and it felt so cheap and uncomfortable he went back and got a Mustang instead, and ended up much happier - even though he's a Japanese car fan.

Re: For $30k or less...

Ok On-Topic now haha

The G35 Coupe is a beautiful car.

The MB CLK430 is awesome.

If she wants a 4-door the IS and TLS are great cars too.

BMW M5? 540i?

When I see ladies in 4 dr cars, I think married. So, I would suggest the new Accord coupe or the G35 coupe. I think an attractive lady driving one of these 2 would get my attention!
You might want to try having her drive the Corolla and the Accord back to back and let her choose. I think the Accord interior looks really nice and that may sell her.
Regards
- Z

Back