• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recaro Type R Seats -- Integra/Civic

jmp

Experienced Member
Has anyone installed Recaro seats that come from the factory on either a Type R Civic or Integra from Japan, on their NSX? if so, any trouble mounting, can you share any photos, and overall how was the experience.

I won't pay the expense for the NSX-R seats, and yet I like going Honda/OEM when I can and am considering these seats as a less expensive but still Honda and still Recaro alternative.

Thanks.

I believe "kkt" from Hawaii installed the ITR seat and had to get custom sliders/brackets made to make it work in the NSX. Do a search in the picture gallery it should be there, if not just pm him directly.

jmp said:
I won't pay the expense for the NSX-R seats, and yet I like going Honda/OEM when I can and am considering these seats as a less expensive but still Honda and still Recaro alternative.
You dont want NSX-R seats but you want CTR or ITR Recaros? One is a bucket and one is a reclinable. Which style do you want?

Obviously, the bucket is closer to Nsx-R, but for ease of access for my daily driver, I have a slight preference for the reclinable.

Sorry, I guess I misinterpreted your post. When you said you "won't pay the expense of NSX-R seats", which are buckets, yet "you like OEM so you are considering ITR or CTR seats", which are reclinables. Then you say "Obviously, the bucket is closer to Nsx-R", the only OEM buckets are the NSX-R's.

Well, anywhos, if you wanted buckets similar to NSX-R's, there are many companies that make somewhat similar seats, i.e. Status, Vision, Bride, or even the regular Recaro line.

As for the reclinables, I would think that if you're using Recaros, all you need are the NSX Recaro rails, and any Recaro bottom mount seat should work, right? Therefore CTR or ITR Recaros should work? Although, does it have to be the OEM seats? There is barely any difference between the ITR/CTR Recaros vs. the regular Recaro Speed/Sport. The benefit of the Speed/Sport is, you can buy it brand new and considerably less than what I see used ITR/CTR seats going for.

Back