Recaro Child Seat

Ok guys.... I guess this is my official announcement. I'm going to be a daddy!
biggrin.gif

My Girlfriend of 3+ years is pregnant and is due sometime in July.

I am going to need a baby seat for the times I have to go somewhere in the NSX and have to take the child along. A while ago, there was a thread with a picture of a Recaro baby seat. It looked just like the racing seat, but was actually for children.

I checked their website and found some baby seats, but they all look similar to a standard baby seat. I was unable to find one that matched the picture in the thread here on Prime.

With this, I am assuming Recaro makes the highest quality of seats. At a higher price I would expect it to be lighter and stronger.

We have an Explorer for this, but in case I am in a situation where it is not availbale, I want to have something for my NSX (92, no passenger airbag) and have it worthy of being in the car. Anyone remember the thread?

PS- For any of you with significant others on the pill... it doesn't always work... even when taken properly for a long time. I'm living proof of that now. Double up
on that protection NOW!
smile.gif

PPS- Please nobody flaming me for even considering transpoting a child in an NSX. It's not the chief means of transport. However, I think the Recaro I saw was cute and can come in handy in an emergency. An NSX can be just as safe as another vehicle when driven slowly. Have you seen the way some mothers drive in their SUVs with a baby on board here in LA? I'll be just fine.
smile.gif

Nothing wrong with beginning their appreciation of everything automotive at an early age.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 07 January 2002).]

Congratulations! Don't know about the seat but you might want to look into putting a switch in to disable the passenger airbag.

BTW the NSX community expects to see pictures of the baby in a full race suite with quick release buttons in the back.

Congrats, Ilya.

I do not know about the Recaro, but Simpson Racing makes one, and I have seen it in person, pretty cute. You can check it out here.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

I saw that Simpson seat up close just the other day. It's just really a regular old Evenflo with a Simpson tag on it. Even still says Evenflo on it. I'm not really sure that's what Ilya can use right now. It's only a booster seat for kids that are already 30 or more pounds.

Don't know about the RECARO. I haven't seen it up close.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Thanks guys.
My 92 doesn't have a passenger airbag so I'm cool there.
The Simpson was what I was thinking of and think it's pretty cute. And it's only $100.

Now that I have looked at Recaro ($350), I am going to do some more research on the two. If the Recaro is really lighter, safer, etc. I will go with it.

In any case I just realized they are booster seats and I can't use them yet anyway. I will just have to call them up and ask some questions... see if they make anything for babies as well.

Ilya, I had a baby girl december 19. easily the best thing that has ever happened to me -I truly feel blessed. Congratulations to you!!!

Reagan.JPG

I saw that recaro seat when the wife and I were doing the registry thing. At first glance, I was like "That is what we are getting, I dont care what it costs", but after closer inspection it wasn't as high a quality as some of the others. Lots of sizzle, not much meat. Looked cool, though.

My wife and I ended up mostly buying this european stuff (seats, strollers, etc.) by a italian company called peg perego. Get used to this brand.....first class stuff.

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 08 January 2002).]

RECARO

I know this is an old thread, but contrary to what Ken believes, we all still keep having kids and still keep driving our NSXs. :)

The real and actual RECARO child seat "Start" series is a great seat! It is the only one I know of with a steel and aluminum frame, real high quality foam padding, adjustable everything and solid as a rock. While the Euro version says it is safe for 8 months and up, US rules are 1 year and 20 lbs for front facing. Since this seat is front facing only, that is a good target. There is also an optional foot rest to save your seats and other great accessories. The newest version has a fixed headrest piece that used to be removable as well as built in speaker for DVD systems, etc. There is a new version due out in 2004 that will be compatible with the new latch system that is in use in US cars.

This is a great seat and the engineering behind this is top notch. I got mine in standard black cloth so that the "RECARO" block script in white would look killer in any car no matter what as long as the interior was black or onyx. :)

I highly recommend this seat to anyone.

Back