Rear wheel almost came off. Wheel stud broken

Hi everyone, I'm a new NSX owner, long time admiror. Owned Rx7's most of my life.

Coming around a corner aggressively noticed a wobble. Stopped to check noticed rear passenger wheel stud broken, and nuts loose. I jacked the car, took the wheel off tried to reposition it to get it right on there and noticed the wheel will not flush up against the disk brake. Checked the driver side rear and it looks the same.

The front wheels look perfectly flush.

I tried wrenching th nuts on there pretty tight but the wheel will not flush up against the disk.

I thought maybe previous owner had put the front wheels on the rear and visa versa. But no the correct wheel (larger one) is on the back... I'm stumped any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

If the car had different wheels prior, there could be a spacer ring on the center of the hub. If that does not match the wheel, this could be your issue.

HTH,
LarryB

If the car had different wheels prior, there could be a spacer ring on the center of the hub. If that does not match the wheel, this could be your issue.

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks Larry, I did see a small ring on that hub that looked beat up when I removed the wheel. The wheels are the stock ones on there now. I'll have to check to see if they flush up when I remove the ring.

If the wheels are stock, no ring should be on there. The ring would be for a previous after market larger wheel. Removing it should solve your issue.

HTH,
LarryB

Back