Rear taillight brake lamp failure sensors

Hello was just wondering if anyone has ever tried these rear brake lamp fill your sensors shown in the picture. The part number is match what is listed in the Acura parts Finder. The only difference is they are different colours than the original ones. Curious to know as I need to replace mine and I’m not sure if these ones on eBay are going to work.
Thank you,
J. Morrison

Attachments

• IMG_9149.jpeg
    IMG_9149.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 12
Your taillights should have LED lamps at this point in time. It is 20ms faster, generate less heat (less damage to housings), and brighter.

And if one installs LEDs the sensor needs to be bypassed.

Your taillights should have LED lamps at this point in time. It is 20ms faster, generate less heat (less damage to housings), and brighter.

And if one installs LEDs the sensor needs to be bypassed.
Thank you for the suggestion. But I am keeping this car stock.

To each their own for garage queens and parades, but it's now very difficult to make a case for driving with incandescent brake bulbs on public roads. It just doesn't make sense to delay the warning given to drivers following you.

This has been discussed at length here, complete with links to graphs of illumination times, side by side videos of the bulb operation, and how to bypass the bulb-out indicator in a completely reversible way with no damage to the stock wiring, in case the car retires to be a museum specimen:

Back to the OP question however, I'm perplexed. If you have the correct part #'s, they should work, provided they're not counterfeit parts. (This is the dilemma with ebay parts.) The good news is that it's easy to check. Simply install them along with 4 good bulbs to see if the bulb-out indicator remains off. Then remove the 4 bulbs, one at a time, to ensure that the sensor is tripped with removal of any 1 bulb. I am surprised that both of your bulb-out indicators failed. Each contains just a couple of reed switches, which are pretty reliable. For both modules to go at the same time is surprising. Any chance a previous owner bypassed them?

Back