• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Rear diffuser pictures request

MvM

Legendary Member
About two weeks ago I fitted my underbody cover at the front of my NSX. Made out of 1mm aluminum plate and sized just like the NSX Type R underbody cover it seems to work ok.

Now I am thinking of creating my own rear diffuser as well. However, I am not sure yet which material(s) to use or how to fix such a diffuser to my car.

Therefore I would like to see some good pictures from those people who actually have mounted a rear diffuser to their car, either a diffuser as sold by Science of Speed or Procar or have made their own diffuser.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi Maarten,

I have a diffuser in production at the moment, to go with my wing. Haven't got any pics of it, but it will be like the Aston Martin diffuser. All the GT cars at Le Mans had a diffuser like this. I had plenty of looks underneath them to see how they are.

It reaches from the subframe bar underneath the engine out to the rear bumper. I have the Taitec centre exhaust now, and so can fit a diffuser like this.

Attachments

• db9_gtr_213.jpg
    db9_gtr_213.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 227
5396brembo_001-thumb.jpg

Gary

j14nsx said:
Hi Maarten,

I have a diffuser in production at the moment, to go with my wing. Haven't got any pics of it, but it will be like the Aston Martin diffuser. All the GT cars at Le Mans had a diffuser like this. I had plenty of looks underneath them to see how they are.

It reaches from the subframe bar underneath the engine out to the rear bumper. I have the Taitec centre exhaust now, and so can fit a diffuser like this.

Hi Kevin,

Nice to hear from you again. I would be very interested in your results. What are you making it from? In another thread there are some pictures of the carbon diffuser Detlef has made and judging from that, it should be not too difficult. Am just not sure about the material to use yet.
Do you have a front undercover also ??

Have to say I admire those with creativity and talent to built their own. Hence the pictures below in the hopes of inspiring your project. Design and build by Taitec. Material is Carbon Fiber. Good luck........:smile:

Regards
Paul

4645Release_1.jpg

4645Day_Before_Release_3.jpg

4645Release_8-med.jpg

PS: Shouldn't this thread be moved elsewhere?

Everyone thanks a lot so far for your input and pictures.

What I am wondering is this.
The OEM NSX R rear diffuser is only a very small attachment and I do not see how that can do a really good job at tunneling the airflow.
The Taitec GT diffuser I think should be much better.

My idea is, if attainable, to combine a rear diffuser and at the same time cover part of the area between the rear suspension and the rear valence to tunnel airflow and reduce turbulence. So, in short, to do what the front underbody cover is also doing, streamlining the airflow under the car and minimizing the number of eddies there.

Also, I wonder if the vertical fins, are really necessary. Maybe just one on each corner is or can be enough allready. After all, we are not sitting in a boat with rudders are we :biggrin:

Take a look at the diffuser by GT rom on SOS's site.:wink:

Last edited:
Back