Reality Check

Hi Friends,
Looking at the prices of some of these NSX's now, WOW! I might have to wait untii winter time to consider buying. I know many of you said to be patient and it could take awhile until I find the right one. Beginning of Spring doesn't seem to be the time to buy. Thoughts?

What is your price range? And what year range and mileage NSX are you looking for?

Great question.... I would prefer if possible a '93-'95 NSX with less than 60K for somewhere in the mid $30K range. Of course there are exceptions, I have seen some extremely nice '91 and '92 with lower mileage also. I am looking for one that is mostly stock, as I am not planning on racing. Are those realistic numbers? Thanks.

review the wiki... 95-96 are na1 T tops and command more than 91-94 coupes.they are also obd-2 which are harder to modify due to drive by wire throttle.....mid 30's should get you a clean early coupe.

Beginning of Spring doesn't seem to be the time to buy. Thoughts?
Beginning of spring is great if you have a high budget as that is when the largest number of cars are listed. The number of nice looking NSXs on the market now is truly impressive.
Beginning of spring is lousy if you don't have a high budget because prices run high.

So it is a real trade off. If you wait until later in the season, the good ones will have been picked off at above market price due to the season. However, off season is the way to get a good car at or below market price.

Incidentally, few of these cars are reaching their market price. Go to eBay and click on "completed listings" and see where the bidding ends on some of these high priced cars, that will give you an idea of where buyers think these cars should be priced rather than where the sellers think these cars should be priced. With that said, most of the good examples of the NSXs on the market are still inexpensive for what you get. They are fabulous machines that have few peers in the automotive world for the complete package they offer.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Tr...omplete=1&_nkw=acura+nsx&_dmpt=US_Cars_Trucks

completedlistings.gif

Last edited:
Back