Reality Check...Yikes

After 1 week, Its really really in the garage...My 2001 Acura NSX.
I still cant believe it. Evertime I goto the garage (which has been alot) I still cant believe its there. After 7 yrs of telling myself Im getting it. It has finally happened. I wonder how long this feeling will last. heheh

Anyway, Im itching to buy aftermarket parts and have quite a few in mind, but I promised the wife I wouldnt for 1 year. AAAUUUGGGHHH...What was I thinking of?!?

Anyway, Ill go for a few small item things like the machined cluster ring. Does anyone know if stacy still sells the original cluster rings or only the slim line ones? Anyone have pictures on the difference in size as well as which ones you think looks better? The slimline ones or the bigger ones.
Im also looking for the zanardi shortshift, titanium knob and boot.

I will install an exaust, intake, bys cf flap, sos 2002 update front with cf scoop in hood and rear val, sos nav and pod, maybe the hre wheels.
I can already tell its going to be expensive. )C= Ill do this after 1 year I guess. I may get the exaust and intake sooner though. hehhe

Anyway, if you know where I can get the zanardi shortshift, knob and boot and original machined cluster ring, let me know.

Thanks,
Calvin

Looks like you are definitely on the dark side now. Once over you can never go back. The mods will cease to end.
Good Luck and remember to keep us updated on the progress.

Congrats on your purchase.

I have the Thicker Cluster Rings (Old style) and love them (specially at nite) as the reflections makes the panel lights glow brighter, they really came to life.

enjoy the ride

NSXNXT said:
I wonder how long this feeling will last.
At least thirteen years. :D

NSXNXT said:
I will install an exaust, intake, bys cf flap, sos 2002 update front with cf scoop in hood and rear val, sos nav and pod, maybe the hre wheels.
I can already tell its going to be expensive. )C= Ill do this after 1 year I guess. I may get the exaust and intake sooner though.
Save your money and skip the intake...

NSXNXT said:
I still cant believe it. Evertime I goto the garage (which has been alot) I still cant believe its there. After 7 yrs of telling myself Im getting it. It has finally happened. I wonder how long this feeling will last. heheh

Anyway, Im itching to buy aftermarket parts and have quite a few in mind, but I promised the wife I wouldnt for 1 year. AAAUUUGGGHHH...What was I thinking of?!?

Anyway, Ill go for a few small item things like the machined cluster ring. Does anyone know if stacy still sells the original cluster rings or only the slim line ones? Anyone have pictures on the difference in size as well as which ones you think looks better? The slimline ones or the bigger ones.
Im also looking for the zanardi shortshift, titanium knob and boot.

I can already tell its going to be expensive. )C= Ill do this after 1 year I guess. I may get the exaust and intake sooner though. hehhe

Anyway, if you know where I can get the zanardi shortshift, knob and boot and original machined cluster ring, let me know.

Thanks,
Calvin

you wouldn't know it but i was actually trying to purchase the car you purchased!!! i haven't picked up my car yet, but it seems boths of us were buying a nsx at the sametime! I ended up with the silverstone 2000 over at greenwich acura :) I was so disappointed when you said you puchased the car! :)

Oh Dang THONDA.
I did read your post about you looking for one at greenwich. But I didnt pick up the NSX when u posted that you were going to pick up the one at greenwich. They didnt even tell me someone else was interested in the NSX. Heheh, did you speak to anyone there or go there? They were really nice. They came to my house and picked up the trade-ins. They slapped on dealer plates on the trade-ins and drove it back to acura as soon as we agreed on tradein value. I got $13,850, but I could of gotten 18k if I sold it on my own. I knew I was taking a lost, but didnt want the hassle of selling it on my own. I didnt want to put out 20k in cash or wait till I sold the trucks (someone like you might of beaten me to the punch).

The NSX was 6.9 miles from my house and it was the same color I wanted. I also wanted a 2001 model with the popup lights and the price was right. Low miles, and certified. I purchased the additional acura care warranty and lojack. I had to purchase it, it was calling me. heheh

Now I want to convert it to look like 2002. heheh, i dunno why, i still like the popup look when its down, but dont like the popup lights when its up. I also like the HIDs and the rear valence.

Anyway, I hope you got a great one over at greenwich. Sorry bud...post some pics and info on your new purchase.

Take care
Calvin

Back