• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Re : Front Cowl & Door Shell Query

Hi All,

Would appreciate it if a couple of members (preferably with stock cars) can have a look at their cars and help me with this query.

1. On the plastic cowl panel under the bonnet there are cutouts for the front shock tower and mounting nuts. Above each shock there are 4 round holes cut out in the cowl panel, 3 to access the mounting nuts and 1 to access/clear the shocker. On my car the 3 cutouts above the nuts have blanking caps on them but the centre hole does not. It looks like a cap should go there.

2. There is a weather strip on the bottom of the door shell, the lower outer weather strip. At the rear/trailing edge of the door shell just aft of this weather strip is a square hole. On my car the hole (on both doors) is exposed but it looks like a square rubber bung/grommet might sit there.

I have gone through all of the parts catalogues, other litrearture, spare parts depts and cannot find any reference to these covers or grommets.

Anyone able to help ? If the parts do exist would also appreciate part numbers. Thanks.

Leong

Attachments

• Cowl.jpg
    Cowl.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Door.jpg
    Door.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
hi Leong. there is no cap for the center hole. thats for access to the top of your shock. i adjust my koni's thru that hole. not sure about second question. i will get back to you Ben

Mine has 4 caps on each side......now, I got them from the Honda dealer in ADL last year ~$2.60 ea...... I would think that is standard fit. Honda would not leave one hole uncovered (get some spares in case they come off) If Honda cant find the # let me know and I will look up the old reciept.

Yes that sq hole in the doors is the same as mine, probably a drain.

Back