• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RE: 1991 Acura NSX 5-Spd Transmission w/ 29k Miles

RE: 1991 Acura NSX 5-Spd Transmission w/ 29k Miles

Hello. This transmission has excellent synchros, and Redline MT-90 Transmission fluid was used in it at all times. It is not in the snap-ring failure range. It has one problem however. Where the Clutch Release Fork Hanger bolts to the transmission housing, one of the two mounts where the 2 bolts that hold the trans fork hanger are screwed in broke. So only 1 of the 2 bolts is able to be screwed in right now to hold the clutch release fork hanger. So anyone who can fix the housing, OR someone who can just replace that 1/2 of the trans housing can score an otherwise cherry transmission here. I am only asking $800/obo. for the transmission, and the buyer pays for shipment. I live in Hawaii. I have pics available upon request of the trans and the broken mount.

------------------

Just a little clarification, cause its a little hard to tell from those pictures, the 1 mounting bolt that is not able to be bolted down, is it because

a) the bolt broke off in the hole
b) the bolt is crossthreaded in the hole
c) the hole is cracked and wont hold the bolt

just need to get an idea of how much work it is going to be to repair it, cause scenario a) or b) are quite easy to fix, and i've done it before on integra transmissions.

-Ray

ps) taking a wild guess by your nick, are you affiliated with HDS Racing???

Hello. To clarify, where the lower bolt threads into the block, the top 1/2 of the block where the bolt goes into broke off from the housing, leaving less of a hole to thread the bolt into. TO remedy the fault, you probably either have to replace that 1/2 of the trans housing, OR weld that area and re-thread the hole. But the latter would require a talented welder. And yes, I used to work at HDS Racing 7 years ago, and I am friends with many of the people associated with that now defunct shop.

Back