• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rays Engineering Gram Lights 57Xtreme Wheels Now Available from ScienceofSpeed

Check out Rays Engineering new 57Xtreme wheel. Manufactured in sizes optimized for the NSX, the wheel offers a light weight, high strength, yet reasonably priced wheel with a concave rear spoke wheel that accentuates the NSX rear wheel mid engine body.

more information:
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Rays/Gram_Lights/57Extreme/

See all wheels in stock here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-Racing-Wheels-at-ScienceofSpeed-now-in-stock!

57Extreme2_1024.jpg

57Extreme_1024.jpg

57xtreme-ML%20-%20matte%20graphite.jpg

-- Chris

Last edited:
That looks killer!! Do u sell that wing?? More pics please!!

Looks like a mugen wing, with a modified center section. You may notice the car itself is RHD, and has the Mugen front turn signal covers.

Interesting vehicle, since it's also sporting a Wings West front lip, and side skirt; I guess parts go in both directions :tongue:

These look pretty nice, but I got a couple of detailed questions to these wheels:
1) Can you get the 19x9.5 +35 fitment as an option?
2) Are these the STD Spec versions? Will you be offering the reduced weight "SP Spec" versions (the ones with the cutouts on the spokes)?
3) What's the weight of these wheels in the sizes you offer? I read somewhere that the 18x8.5" is around 20 lbs..
4) Do you know how these wheels are made? I know they are Cast, but are they flow-formed? Low pressure cast? Gravity Cast?

Good questions:

These look pretty nice, but I got a couple of detailed questions to these wheels:
1) Can you get the 19x9.5 +35 fitment as an option?
- yes, definitely

2) Are these the STD Spec versions? Will you be offering the reduced weight "SP Spec" versions (the ones with the cutouts on the spokes)?
- the SP Spec is available - for those that don't know, it has cut our reliefs on the spoke to reduce weight. This is a very expensive option, and to me, looks a little strange, as it is staggered

3) What's the weight of these wheels in the sizes you offer? I read somewhere that the 18x8.5" is around 20 lbs..
- these are new wheels, so we have not had a chance to measure the NSX wheels. I was given two samples: 18x8.5 +38 21.75 lbs, 18x9.5 +22 22.5 lbs

4) Do you know how these wheels are made? I know they are Cast, but are they flow-formed? Low pressure cast? Gravity Cast?
- low pressure cast with flow forming

1) Will TCS continue to work with these?

2) Will these rub up front at all?

1) Will TCS continue to work with these?

2) Will these rub up front at all?

Yes, these are sized appropriately for the NSX - no rubbing, and TCS will work fine. TCS has to do with tire size, 215/35-18 and 255-265/30-19 would be a good tire size.

Looks like these are also available in 17x7+50 and 18x8.5+52 - any reason you don't sell a 17/18 set?

Looks like these are also available in 17x7+50 and 18x8.5+52 - any reason you don't sell a 17/18 set?

Yeah cuz those sizes and offsets suck. LOL

Back