Raging Bull Stampede drive

I saw this on another forum and went over the website and thought it might be fun. It is planned for next weekend.
The most appealing part for me was the limit of 25 cars and the rules he has set for this drive. I was thinking of signing up. Anyone else down?

I saw they have 20 already registered.

Anyway, I copied and pasted what his post was (click on the link for more info). Btw, I don't know the person.

The Raging Bull Texas Stampede IV
January 27-28, 2007
Austin, Texas

The Raging Bull Texas Stampede is a weekend-long driving event
designed to bring together driving enthusiasts who have a passion
for driving their cars the way they were designed to be.

The Raging Bull embodies some of the most challenging and scenic
backcountry roads in the great state of Texas.

You will get the chance to drive and hang out with some of
the nicest and most passionate driving enthusiasts around.

Come for only one day or the whole weekend.
Join the group in Austin or Fort Worth.

The next Stampede will have some new features: Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, the longest private road course in Texas, will be expecting us Sunday morning for classroom instruction and driving on their 3.1 mile track. And in response to requests from friends and fans, for the first time, attendance has been opened up to sports cars of all makes and models. All Porsche, BMW, Miata, Corvette, Audi, MINI, Nissan Z, Infiniti, Mustang, Lotus, Mazda RX-7 and RX-8, Ferrari, and Honda S2000 clubs in Texas will be invited.

How well can you ride the Raging Bull?

Saddle up with us and find out.

Advance registration is required. There is a registration fee1.

For more details and registration, go to:
www.RBTexasStampede.com

(1) There didn't use to be a registration fee but I was forced to add one this year due to all the expenses associated with organizing and running this event. Fee is $30 for driver or $45 for driver plus passenger. It is a little higher for those who wait until the event day to pay. The fee does not include hotel, meals, gas, etc. There is no separate charge for MSR-Cresson. The purpose and use of the fees is explained in the FAQ section of the web site.

Is the road calling you after all the bad weather? Answer the call. Join the Stampede

Thanks, Matt, for posting this here.

Preparations for the Stampede are in full swing and I'm really excited. The track and restaurant arrangements are all set. I recently spent some more time driving some of the roads to fine tune the route and I am really excited how great it is turning out to be. It's going to be a challenging run for all of us. Not only that, the weather forecast for the Stampede weekend is very good: cool and sunny. That is a welcome change given the prolonged nasty weather we've experienced recently.

With only one week left before the Stampede, 20 drivers who have a passion for driving and their navigators have already signed up to ride the Raging Bull, some coming from as far away as Idabel, Oklahoma and Paris and Houston, Texas.

If you're wondering what the Stampede is like here is the link to last year's Stampede discussion at G35driver.com:
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73888

And here is an article about the last Stampede in Sport Z Magazine by veteran Bull Rider and driving instructor Renee Hayden:
http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/RBTSIII_article_in_SZM_spring_2006_issue.html

It would be awesome to have at least one NSX among the group.

Regards,
Turk, the Tourmaster

I'll be signed up with you theman if my car is out of the shop in time for this weekend.

Looks like I can't go.

My car is in the shop because I got rear-ended right before Christmas. The damage looked to be minor but the shop is now saying I need a new rear bumper and it won't be ready until next week (they have to get the bumper first and it will take 4 days for it to arrive).

Looks like I can't go.

My car is in the shop because I got rear-ended right before Christmas. The damage looked to be minor but the shop is now saying I need a new rear bumper and it won't be ready until next week (they have to get the bumper first and it will take 4 days for it to arrive).

So that is the picture of your car under your forum name!

All joking aside, if your car is driveable, why don't you come anyway? You can return the car back to the shop after the Stampede. Of course, I don't know how bad the damage is.

Overall it was fun.... good pace, a couple of crashes though. The roads were mostly nice and twisty, though my nose looks like a shotgun shredded the paint from all the rocks.... it truly was bad in that respect. I'd do it again, though I'd suggest a bra for SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back