Racing Pedals

Hi Guys,

Any suggestions on which pedals to switch to? Also, I have seen some Floor Mat with re-enforcement right below the pedals. Anyone know where to get them? Thanks in advance...

I didn't look around enough to find if there were other options, but I've been pretty happy with the pedals from SoS. Hated the gap between the brake and the gas before, now it's just right. If you're picky about appearance, I don't know what to tell you. I never look at the things anyway.

Nick

Were the NSX logoed pedals seen in the DocJohn thread part of a limited group buy? I did not see the option for this on the Autovation website. Very slick looking, especially after NSXBuilder's painting.

I have the autovation ones or you can try the type-r pedals....either one I think should be fine. I have also used ultimatepedals.com

The NSX-R pedals are very similar to the JDM Integra type R (02-06) pedal set, but the ITR pedals are less expensive. The problem you're going to run into, is they're designed for a RHD car, so they will not bolt into your nsx. The brake and clutch are straight forward to install, you need to drill out the rivets, then rivet the pedals to your existing pedal arms, but for the gas pedal, you're going to need to have a shop cut the pedal to allow the gas pedal to physically fit on the arm, then you can rivit it onto your existing gas pedal arm.

I would have preferred the OEM RSX-S pedal set (NSX-R), but after realizing what a PITA it would have been to install the pedals, I picked up a set of the autovation. They're good pedals, I would recommend them... I ended up getting the machined finish on my 1994.

I found a shop that was willing to order the ITR pedal set from Honda, drill out the rivits, and ship the pedals only (the only parts you can use) for $99 shipped. You would then rivet the clutch/brake, have the gas pedal modified, and you're good to go.

The Mugen pedals are always an option as well.

yhst-1408381693991_1836_4642004

"In mass-production vehicles, the accelerator, brake, and clutch pedals all have the same type of rubber surface. However, in formula machines, only the surfaces of the brake and clutch pedals are made non-slip. This is because in racing where more demanding footwork is required, the accelerator requires exactness, but the brake and clutch require grip. Mugen believes that this also holds true for sports driving, in which nimble footwork is needed. With Mugen sports pedals, the accelerator has a wide front and rear with a buffed surface finish, while the brake and clutch pedals are small pedals with a nickel-chrome blown metal non-slip surface. All the pedals have a cast aluminum base. They are fitted by replacing the original rubber. Five-speed manual or automatic vehicles."

but for the gas pedal, you're going to need to have a shop cut the pedal to allow the gas pedal to physically fit on the arm, then you can rivit it onto your existing gas pedal arm.

Which part of the pedal do I have to cut?

attachment.php

I found a shop that was willing to order the ITR pedal set from Honda, drill out the rivits, and ship the pedals only (the only parts you can use) for $99 shipped. You would then rivet the clutch/brake, have the gas pedal modified, and you're good to go.

Hmm...it does look very similar :smile:. Where is this shop you speak of? Instead of riveting into my stock pedals I think I could just use screws.

DSC07394.jpg

Back