Racedeck Flooring for Garage

• Thread starter Thread starter eg9
  • Start date Start date

eg9

Contributing Member
Can anyone on this forum comment on Racedeck flooring? I'm looking at purchasing 400sqft of black&white checkered diamond flooring for my garage. They said they'd sell it for $2.99 sq ft.

Anyone with experience with this stuff??

eg9 said:
Can anyone on this forum comment on Racedeck flooring? I'm looking at purchasing 400sqft of black&white checkered diamond flooring for my garage. They said they'd sell it for $2.99 sq ft.

Anyone with experience with this stuff??

I have the Racedeck in the work shop area in my garage. I like it a lot. It is very durable and easy to install. That sounds like a good price, I paid ~ $3.50 a sq. ft. shipped, for 144 sq. ft.

Gary

Source for Race Deck

I'd like to know your source for 2.99 sq ft...I am just finishing up my garage and ready for flooring...thanks...Mike

http://www.racedeckofsocal.com

Racedeck of Southern California. It was $2.99 sqft only if you purchase more than 400sqft. If not, it is $3.49(?)

You also pay for the edges. I paid less than $1,300 for everything pluse shipping.

I am working on a group buy for race deck.

Please see the vendor forum in about few days.

Thanks

Kenny

I looked at a bunch of flooring materials when I did my garage and if this Race deck stuff is what I am thinking of it is very "plasticky". It kind of reminds me of walking on legos, the guy from Ultimate Garage had a bunch of it he was trying to move because he wouldn't use it for his clients.

Just my 2 cents here, but I ordered a sample. I cut it in half, snapped it together and poured a small amount of oil on the seam. The intent was to see how much would weep through to the concrete below. After just 10 hours, the entire surface under the tile was coaled with oil. Almost seemed like there was a capillary effect that drew the oil through the seam and dispersed it under the tile. Now I have some older cars in my garage along with the NSX and they do mark their territory. I don't think I could live with the thought of fluids under the tile for years.
I was disappointed, as I was planning on doing my 30 X 32 space.
I will probably do it with a commercial tile eventually.
Buy the way, the Cobra guys put together a group buy at around $2.50 / foot.

A group buy is great but at $2.99sq ft, going into it alone is not bad either.

I've had minimal exposure to this product at the auto show. I walked on it and it did not feel like plastic. You can work on your car and use a jack stand if needed. The Racedeck reps put water on it and it streamed out easily like a drainage. He also put some oil on it and it cleaned up in seconds. The cool thing is that if you ever move, you can take it with you.

I'm hoping my 400sq ft comes in today or tomorrow.

I'll give you guys more feedback as I test it out.

This is the flooring that I put down in my garage, I looked at over ten different types of flooring and this was by far the best one I found.

http://www.floorsurfaces.com/home.htm

Get some samples of the various flooring solutions and I am sure you will be happy with this one.

Their site is new since I bought my tile and I noticed that they have some new types of tiles that they didn't have before.

I bought the 18" tiles that interlock very tightly together, I am not as sure if the new style on the 12" tiles would work as well. I can say that the 18" ones are completely water tight and fit together perfectly, their tolerances are incredible.

Last edited:
Back