Quotes from the dealership

I would like to tell you about what happened today . I was stopped by one of our service advisors today to give a quote for some work on an NSX for a guy on the phone ,valve ajustment, spool valve orings, and solinoid orings. I told the service advisor the labor and that I would need to look up the part prices, The advisor looked at me and said " what...about $250 ya think" I said i'm not to sure off the top of my head on the spool valve orings... i'll check, He grabbed the phone and said "that will cost about $900-$950 for that job". I looked at him in amazement I paused then walked away. The advisor spoke out "the guy said he heard good things about you on the forums". I understand why the Nsx owners on this forum call the place I work a stealership. I don't know who the guy was that called but I want to apologise for that. If you guys are knowlegeable enough to go through the trouble of becoming a forum member and researching things about your cars STEALERSHIPS don't deserve your buisness. Just a rant please forgive me. That being said my bread and butter is the dealership, If you read this PM me for a quote for repairs I will give you ammunition for your next visit. Don't let a rookie advisor run you away.

Carl

Last edited:
Carl, that was me on the phone that you heard. I was the guy singing songs about you to your service manager.I was preplexed on how soon he got me the prices. You are great guy and I have heard some were nice things about you. Now let me ask you a question? How much does that kinda service cost? You can give me an approximate so I would know how much extra I would be paying. I promise you that I will never quote you.

Best regards

A'amir

Hey Carl,

I'm sure I speak for everyone, I'm glad we have an honest, reliable, and knowledgeable NSX tech in the area. It's hard to find someone that you can trust with your car, and most of all your money. We truly appreciate it! :smile:

Now, how are those wheels coming along??? :biggrin:

ttyl,
- Z

Carl, that was me on the phone that you heard. I was the guy singing songs about you to your service manager.I was preplexed on how soon he got me the prices. You are great guy and I have heard some were nice things about you. Now let me ask you a question? How much does that kinda service cost? You can give me an approximate so I would know how much extra I would be paying. I promise you that I will never quote you.

Best regards

A'amir

the job depending on labor flatrate should cost about $750 including parts

Carl, what dealership do you represent? I am in Arkansas, nearing the 30k service plus timing belt and water pump (due to age, not mileage), and I seek an excellent place to have all the work done. Thanks. Gary

Gillman? Carl is always work at Sterling Mccall! what happen? did he left Sterling?

He is still there. Here he is in my car at Sterling just a couple of weeks ago.
7939_.jpg

Carl is an awesome guy who I trust. He has even given me his cell phone number and taken my calls on weekends when he is at home with his family. I like to work on my car myself, so I often get in the middle of an install and have to call him for help. He will take my call and offer direction.

FYI Carl has a side business power-coating parts. I have had him power-coat a few parts for me. They came out great and the price was right.

Carl is an awesome guy who I trust. He has even given me his cell phone number and taken my calls on weekends when he is at home with his family. I like to work on my car myself, so I often get in the middle of an install and have to call him for help. He will take my call and offer direction.

FYI Carl has a side business power-coating parts. I have had him power-coat a few parts for me. They came out great and the price was right.

Yes, Just the fact that he answers his cell phone everytime I call is worth $$$$$. And I know he is busy so I try to respect that and make my calls to him short and to the point. I can't really back his work (YET)as I have not gotten my car back yet and this is the first time I've used him, but I can tell you he came highly recommended and I have never come across anything negative about HIM(Can't say the same about his place of employment tho).

BTW: I REALLY wish he was also a Lotus, Mercedes, Porsche, and Jag mechanic also, I would be in freaking HEAVEN! and he would have all my money!!!!

Back