Questions

Questions or ranting here, sorry if I bore you or say repeated questions, ive read over what I could so far in the forums.

Anyway, I want a nsx pretty bad.

Problem? the cost. Seems a bit rediculous, dont get me wrong is seems like a really great car and from what I hear its because you get a whole package of good. but $27k for a 1991 with 100k miles on it? holy crap that just sounds like a not so good deal to me. My mind may change if I drive one but 100k miles cars usually start breakin down......american cars anyway hehe.

so how reliable would a nsx be with 100k on it? how bout if I beat on the car a bit to, because im bound to get on it now and then.

Is there anyway to get one for cheaper? I wanna say a salvage auction but I seen one that looked like it got rolled like 4 times sell for 20k, now thats crazy when you get can a perfectly fine one for not much more.

Then theres mods, im the kind of guy who mods cars, I hate stock, and have tons of experience doing aftermarket. So how hard would you guys rate the aftermarket installations being in difficulty (body kits, FI, anything) besides the cash needed for them of coarse. Which is also another problem (10k for a SC kit, ouch)

This is none of my business but what do you all do to make this kind of money? stocks? real estate? save up for 40 years? just rich from parents? Because I got 10k but just for a old 91 I need way more then that and really trying to find a way to not be a really old man when I get one (no offence guys) because id like to enjoy it while im younger. Stocks seem like a quick way to get money fast but soooooo risky.

I guess ill give my takes on the car to my knowledge to get opinions of if this car is for me or not.
- I love the body style of exotics, and that it has a overall high quality and evenly distributed performance (isnt just a POS with a big engine in it). I want to be pretty quick 1/4 but it isnt a muscle car, but in reality high 13's stock isnt that bad, and I know they can do 12's pretty easy, good nuff for me because im not looking to be the fastest thing there is because that wont happen. Its really good on the track, so just incase I cant win a 1/4 I can get em in the twisties :)

kinda tired right now so I cant remember what else I was gonna say on that, ill edit later if I remember.

Last note I can think is possibly for the same price I can get a skyline gtr-34? I guess that car is really good all around permance too, but yea I know it doesnt look nearly as cool and is a bit fast and furious lol.

I cant really think of anything else, so what advice or tips you can give me on ANYTHING ill greatly appreciate.

Thanks.

general said:

Problem? the cost. Seems a bit rediculous, dont get me wrong is seems like a really great car and from what I hear its because you get a whole package of good. but $27k for a 1991 with 100k miles on it? holy crap that just sounds like a not so good deal to me.

First off, welcome to the board. The current prices for the NSX aren't ridiculous at all. $27k can't even buy a loaded minivan, so to be able to buy one of the best sports cars EVER built seems not such a bad price at all.

general said:

so how reliable would a nsx be with 100k on it? how bout if I beat on the car a bit to, because im bound to get on it now and then.

To me, a well maintained NSX with 100k miles on it would not worry me at all. Having owned 3 Hondas prior to the NSX, I know how well the brand holds up.

general said:

This is none of my business but what do you all do to make this kind of money? stocks? real estate? save up for 40 years? just rich from parents? Because I got 10k but just for a old 91 I need way more then that and really trying to find a way to not be a really old man when I get one (no offence guys) because id like to enjoy it while im younger. Stocks seem like a quick way to get money fast but soooooo risky.

As far as what everyone does, there have been other threads posted about that. NSX owners come from all walks of life. I would guess a very small percentage are just rich from parents. That being said, you do not have to be rich to own one. I have a moderate income and drove my 91 Honda Civic for 10 years and 195,000 problem free miles. I've always paid my cars off early and never had more than 1 car payment between me and my wife at a time.

YOU must make sure you are emotionally and financially ready for an NSX. Do you have a good education? Do you have a stable job? Do you have a house? Are you putting money away for retirement? Did you get an auto insurance quote yet? I hate to sound like a Dad, but:) these are all things I feel you should have before buying such an expensive sports car. BTW, I came from a poor family and purchased my NSX when I was 35 (after the purchase of my second house)

Best of luck in your search!

general said:

I got 10k but just for a old 91 I need way more then that and really trying to find a way to not be a really old man when I get one (no offence guys) because id like to enjoy it while im younger.

You will enjoy the car a lot more if you first have a education, good job, some money in the bank and a house.

Back