Questions About Pricing on this 2000 NSX JH4NA2168YT000094

I was just wanted to get some other people's opinions about what this specific NSX should sell for. Here's the link:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...dvanced=&end_year=2001&max_price=&cardist=462

Some other details:

- Tires (front and rear) are brand new.
- Paint is supposedly "flawless" (I have not yet looked at the car, however based upon the mileage, I wouldn't expect many problems, although I'd be surprised if there were no rock chips or blemishes of any kind).
- Dealer didn't think they have the service records, although I wouldn't expect much to have happened other than oil changes.
- Carfax is clean.
- Dealer said the 30K service was done (is there any way to verify that, since they were basically doing the service on a car they are selling - would their still be an invoice or service record, i.e. way to verify that?). Also, I assume this service would still be required as the car eventually approaches 30K miles, so does this really do much for me, other than ensuring the car is in tip-top shape when it's purchased?
- Car is Acura Certified Pre-Owned, although the dealer mentioned the factory warranty expired and did not mention any warranty associated with the certification.
- Initial asking price was $59,999:eek::eek::eek: , but has been reduced to $57,999:eek:

Some comparable sales:

- 2001 Red/Black 19K miles, dealer has already offered to me for $53K and I have a feeling I could buy for $51-52K.
- 2000 Red/Tan 34K miles, car sold for $47K (I just missed out on this one)
- 2001 Silver/Black 13K miles, for sale on Autotrader at $53,900, I assume this would sell for $52-53K
- 2000 Black/Black 22K miles, for sale on Autotrader at $52,900, I assume this would sell for $50-52K

Based on my tracking of sales on NSX Prime and the similar cars available for sale on Autotrader, I would expect that a reasonable selling price would be $52-53K, but no higher than $54K. I spoke with the salesperson and he didn’t seem ready to budge much on the price (I’m certainly not the best negotiator, but I did tell him what price range I was looking at – “Low $50’s” – and gave him my contact information). Anyways, I was just hoping to get some other opinions from members on this board. Any input would be appreciated.

2000 NSX's are no longer Acura Certified, nothing past 2001. I responded in your other thread.:wink:

F/Y/I I just bought the 2000 black/black w 22k you reference in your post. I paid $49k. I do think the asking price on the one you are intersted in is too high. I bought at the end of the month which may help. I think $53-55 would be tops.
Mine is pristine-no dings, paint and interior are excellent. Hope that helps.
I looked for some time-be patient.

For that asking price, you can find 02 and up NSX. You may have to deal with slightly higher mileage. Yeah, it's over priced.

Back