Questions about body work and year models

Hello all.

I am new to this forum and I am strongly considering purchasing an NSX within the next 90 days. I have several questions as I am just beginning my search for a quality car.

I have read through this forum and have some questions that were not addressed or atleast not that I have found. If I have asked a duplicate question please let me know. I appologize in advance if that is the case.

1. Is there any model or year of NSX that I need to be cautious of. I was looking at staying in the 30-35k price range?

2, With the aero kits that come for the NSX is there a widebody or race style kit? If so where could you find it. I noticed that there are several pictures of racing NSX's in the gallery. I dont know if those are kits made for the NSX or if it was custom work.

3. What is the maximum rwhp produced by the NSX? I know that it depends on modifications but where does the average user on this board fall into play, what are they running?

4. Of the two choices - supercharger or turbo which is the choice that most owners go with interms of forced performance.

I currently have a show car that I love but it will most likely never see the road again. I would like to have a car that looks good and I can drive it as well.

Thank you very much for your help. I hope to hear from you soon.

Michael

Way to many possiblities for those questions. Hop around to the different subjects and topics for some answers. Don't be in a hurry to buy either, take your time and do your research !!

Here are "Cliff's Notes" type answers:

burn_and_peel said:
1. Is there any model or year of NSX that I need to be cautious of. I was looking at staying in the 30-35k price range?

See FAQ sections on Buy Sell - Pricing, on Troubleshooting - Transmission Snap Ring, on Troubleshooting - Power Windows. Beware cars that have never had the timing belt and water pump replaced.

burn_and_peel said:
2, With the aero kits that come for the NSX is there a widebody or race style kit? If so where could you find it.

See FAQ section on Ugly Body Kits. ;)

burn_and_peel said:
3. What is the maximum rwhp produced by the NSX?

What is the maximum amount of money you're willing to spend?

burn_and_peel said:
where does the average user on this board fall into play, what are they running?

Based on a recent NSXprime, less than 10 percent of the owners on this board have installed any particular mod (except wheels/tires, ~11 percent), so the average owner here has a stock car.

burn_and_peel said:
4. Of the two choices - supercharger or turbo which is the choice that most owners go with interms of forced performance.

Supercharger.

Spend some time with the FAQ, then do a search on the appropriate forums regarding any questions not answered there.

Back