Questions about an NSX on Cars.com

Just a few questions about an NSX I saw on cars.com:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...999-1998-1997_|X-popular|Z-63303&aff=national

(1) Anyone know what wheels those are on the car? Estimated value if you sold them used?

(2) I'm not a fan of the pop-up screen on the CD player - is it possible to fit a normal size CD player in that spot on the dash? I remember reading threads several months ago about people re-doing their whole dash (I think Dali has a special dash you can swap-in) in order to fit in a CD player? Is it much easier than that (i.e. can a normal CD player be incorporated into that spot on the dash?)

(3) What is the little red button/light below the emergency brake? I assume this is for some aftermarket mod, but wasn't sure what that might be.

I plan on reaching out to the dealer, but wanted to be a little more educated before I called.

I'm not a wheel Expert but I'm pretty sure those are Enkei wheels. (spelling?)
I'm not sure what those red lights or buttons are. There is one down next to the shift boot as well. As far as the stereo goes, I was thinking flip screen but now I'm going to get the Honda Nav Pod. I don't want that thing flipping up in front of all my climate controls.

1) wheels I don't know but enkei is also my best guess. You can always get a cheaper price w/ same style wheel. Price for enkei, no clue.

2) Yes, you can put a regular (single din) cd player in that exact slot as the fold out dvd player. I actually went the other way around, regular single din cd player replaced with fold out dvd. No mods, just replace the cage w/ the new cd player's cage that fits around the unit that sits in the console.

3) It looks like a button to me, I thought LED but too big. it's not stock either. My BEST guess, it's a switch used to ground out the Parking brake wire on the idvd player. That way it will play dvd's while the car is in motion.

KooLaid said:
3) It looks like a button to me, I thought LED but too big. it's not stock either. My BEST guess, it's a switch used to ground out the Parking brake wire on the idvd player. That way it will play dvd's while the car is in motion.
I don't know if that is what it is because you could just place the wire to the regular ground to play dvd's.It just looks like it is something stupid for show.. I would call and ask them about all those led's?

hoops7k said:
I don't know if that is what it is because you could just place the wire to the regular ground to play dvd's.It just looks like it is something stupid for show.. I would call and ask them about all those led's?

Not always. Like my newest indash DVD player I just installed in my car, it "looks" for the ground/unground/ground/etc of the parking brake being engaged and unengaged. Just makes it a lil bit more work to bypass it.

I got excited there and ready to buy that car, beucase the dealer mentioned "coupe."... and I found out it was a T.... Never mind

If i remember correctly, this was the car being sold by luxury imports of orlando. I was in orlando so decided to stop by and see this car. I think the wheels were either enkie or TSW. If you are thinking of buying, ask them about the drivers side fender which the guy said was repainted. Also the driver side door looked like it was repaired. The door still had dents from the poor repair job. When asked if the door was hit too the seller said he did not know.

This was the one from Orlando and the wheels are the HP's. I am not sure of the type of HP's, but I saw this NSX run through the Auction about 2 weeks ago.

Correction, the rims are ADR.... my bad:smile:

ExoticMD said:
This was the one from Orlando and the wheels are the HP's. I am not sure of the type of HP's, but I saw this NSX run through the Auction about 2 weeks ago.

Glad I posted on here. I remember seeing that car for sale at $45,999. It's now off Autotrader, so it looks like you're exactly right. Amazing the markup on that car. The one in Orlando scared me a bit just b/c the price seemed a little too good, I didn't like the flip-up DVD, and I was a bit worried that there were was some story not being told (Florida titles make me nervous to begin with and based upon some of the comments on this thread, it sounds like there's been work done to the car, but not done very well). For whatever reason, the car looked nicer in these pictures than the ones I saw on Autotrader for the car when it was in Orlando, so I didn't make the connection. Looks like I'll be passing on this one!

jkeen01 said:
(2) I'm not a fan of the pop-up screen on the CD player - is it possible to fit a normal size CD player in that spot on the dash? I remember reading threads several months ago about people re-doing their whole dash (I think Dali has a special dash you can swap-in) in order to fit in a CD player? Is it much easier than that (i.e. can a normal CD player be incorporated into that spot on the dash?)
Are you aware that the NSX has an optional CD player in the trunk, that works with the stock stereo head unit? (And that you can also install aftermarket CD players in the trunk to work with the stock head unit?)

nsxtasy said:
Are you aware that the NSX has an optional CD player in the trunk, that works with the stock stereo head unit? (And that you can also install aftermarket CD players in the trunk to work with the stock head unit?)

No, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the tip. Like I said, I remember reading a while back that people were re-doing their dash to fit in aftermarket CD players. I was kind of concerned, b/c although I would like to upgrade the stereo possibly, I would be hesitant if it required re-doing the entire dash. Sounds like I'll have plenty of options once I find that perfect NSX.

Back