Question on parking/storing the car...

Hey gurus, :smile: :smile:

I have a question. I am on the verge of acquiring my enesexy and I wanted a quick opinion on something. Do you guys think it’s a wise idea for me to buy the car if I’m currently living in an apartment and have no garage, or covered parking for that matter?

A Physician/friend of mine parks his Lambo in a climate controlled public garage, its spendy though $3-400 depending on location.

A Physician/friend of mine parks his Lambo in a climate controlled public garage, its spendy though $3-400 depending on location.

A month?

Simple and straight forward, I like that... :smile:

Other option I'm considering (since I'm single and I'm not planning on buying a house anytime soon) maybe I can find an apartment complex that has those individual garages available. My mom's place has that and her neighbor has a 308GTS parked in there (Magnum PI all the way). The only thing I don't like about those is that they don't guarantee you'll get one right outside your building entrance and they are usually not attached to your building.

Are there townhouses in your immediate area? Townhouses normally have attached garages (at least in California). Parking a NSX on the street day after day in the same general location is not recommended.

A month?

Yes per month, make sure you get full coverage insurance and if need be pay a relative $100 per month use their garage.

I'd say get a storage unit as well. Cant really beat it for what it offers. Many of them have gated entrance and exit with keycodes and cameras... Some around here even have armed security. Also if you go this route do what NSXFRIEND said and keep full coverage insurance or perhaps see what storage insurance would be through the Storage company themselves.

Good luck on your search!

If you found the right NSX for you - buy it now and enjoy it. Solve the storage problem as soon as you can. I'd be more worried about theft, vandals, etc. than I am about weather over the short term.

If your area is subject to hail storms though...... WAIT to buy.

Yes per month, make sure you get full coverage insurance and if need be pay a relative $100 per month use their garage.

As sad as this sounds, I'm a loner, no family anywhere near me.... So no cozy garages for my future NSX's.

As far as hurricanes and hail, that’s my biggest worry. Vandals don’t worry me much where I live now because my car is under my window and my guns are under my pillow.

Hey gurus, :smile: :smile:

I have a question. I am on the verge of acquiring my enesexy and I wanted a quick opinion on something. Do you guys think it’s a wise idea for me to buy the car if I’m currently living in an apartment and have no garage, or covered parking for that matter?

I parked a Pantera under a car port (and car cover) in a walled-in private community IN SAN DIEGO. I would NOT do this in MOST other situations/climates.

I'm in the boat you are, bought an nsx, rent a condo with no garage/covered parking. But lucky for me i live 2 minutes from the base I work on so the nsx will be covered/parked there on base when i'm not driving it, and during the winter I am renting a climate controlled storage unit to keep her warm and safe.

As sad as this sounds, I'm a loner, no family anywhere near me.... So no cozy garages for my future NSX's.

As far as hurricanes and hail, that’s my biggest worry. Vandals don’t worry me much where I live now because my car is under my window and my guns are under my pillow.

There are not to many hail storms or hurricanes in va/dc area. If you must park it outside Costco offers inexpensive($29) outdoor carcovers that are well paded. Purchase two a medium first layer, large second layer, that should take care of the hail problem. No tests are confirmed on hail but only suggestion I can offer you :)

Good luck

Definitely wait till you get a garage. I hate leaving any of my cars outside when I’m not driving them…..including my 95’commuter civic:eek: !

Looks like we need to help you get a NSX and a campanion (not necessarily in that order).:wink:

Heh i just got the nsx, but my entire family up and moved to alaska while i was going to usaf tech school in mississippi. So i dont have any family within 4000 miles of my state, funny thing is I tell them I bought an nsx and they try to convince me to move to alaska now, now way i'd have to leave the nsx here.

I went trough the same debate myself.It was a hard decision but in the end i just couldn't see myself parking a car like that outside.So i put the nsx on hold
and i am almost done the garage.Now i will probably have to wait till next year to buy it but i think it will be well worth it.

Ditto what everyone else said.

I am in apartment too and wasn't *sure* if I was going to get a garage. The NSX was outside ONE night before I immediately got the garage.

When you think about the rain, sun, leaves, sap, bird crap, kids, pedestrians, etc. you'll quickly pay anything to make sure she's safe. :wink:

- David

Ditto what everyone else said.

I am in apartment too and wasn't *sure* if I was going to get a garage. The NSX was outside ONE night before I immediately got the garage.

When you think about the rain, sun, leaves, sap, bird crap, kids, pedestrians, etc. you'll quickly pay anything to make sure she's safe. :wink:

- David

How about cute squirls/roddents who find wires tasty. A buddy of mine parked his daughters VW outside one night, lightning hit his yard and her car, entire DMU/electric was fried, had all sorts of intermitent electric problems.

Back