Question on driving home for the 1st time. RSVP Please

Just a quick question:

I'll be driving my just purchased NSX home tommorrow for the first time. The drive is about 4 hours long on the freeway.
The NSX has been detailed and is in fantastic shape.
Beside from the obvious, no tailgating trucks, already insured.

Any other precautions?

Thanks!

Skyguy

*It has a radar detector, not a valentine though.

Attachments

• 3 no license plate 250.jpg
    3 no license plate 250.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 553
First off congrats.

You should just take the same precautions as any other car. Fluid check, tire pressure/wear, spare tire and the onboard compressor in the trunk kit to blow it up just in case of a flat.

Bring a cellphone if there is wireless coverage, just in case. If it's a really busy route with lots of trucks, you might want to consider bringing something to protect the front end (if there's no bra or film on the car). Other than that, take your camera so you can snap some pics at interesting stops along the way.

Have fun!

Just watch out for all the onlookers who will shout things at you (good and bad), ask you questions while driving, and even try to get a little too close to get a better look at your car.

:p

I was told make sure u bring a camera. If u see any good scene, make a photo with your NSX. That will be good.

Again, thanks for your CarFax... Have fun!!!

As you will soon find out, the NSX sits very low.

Keep your eyes open for debris and pot holes in the road ahead!

I'm sure you will have an awesome drive!:D

Yeah, mostly enjoy the ride. From the facts thus far the car is probably up to snuff. Check tires, oil and enjoy. Oh, don't get to comfortable, you don't know the car yet and all of its moves. Take it easy, kind of like a first date.....the good stuff will come later. Sunglasses is a biggee, food and drink too. (not in the car of course)

Thanks!

Great responses! I'm so excited I could pee my.......Wait a min....Dang gotta change pants again!

Skyguy

Congrats!

my 1st drive home was about 7.5 hrs, most definitely bring your favorite CDs - I was very pleasantly surprised with the sound of the factory Bose stereo in my 95. And, try to get some rest if you can!

Good luck and drive safe!

May need some Depends undergarmanets as well!! Don't pee in the new car!!! Just kidding!!! Congrats. Enjoy the drive!!!

I would say bring the camera for sure.....photo ops are fun stuff.

I just finished driving mine home today .. about 1150 miles ... the best drive I've ever had!! :)
I brought plenty of CD-s and my camera, too .. there WAS quite a few photographic opportunities along the way ..

Cheers .. Gus

Back