question about this car JH4NA1152NT000038

Re: question about this car

Thats a pretty insanely low price. I can't see repairs being more then 10 grand....and that would still be a desent price. You can have an engine pulled and opened up for around $3500.

Depends what you want to do with the car. Do you know someone who can fix the engine? Do they live near you? Across the U.S.? Will they be able to start on the project next week? Next month?

The facts are it's a heavily modified, older NSX in need of an engine rebuild. To some, that's great news, to others it could be a nightmare. I personally with FI background and solid mechanical knowledge think that low 20's for that car is a very fair price. I wouldn't call it "insanely low" simply because A) it would already be sold B) you have to factor in the stress/time/etc. involved in taking on a project***, not a well running machine.

That's probably a negative view of the situation to many, but if that wasn't the case, the car we are talking about would already have a new owner wouldn't it?

really appreciate all the insight, I guess I'll stick to my s2k then lol can't afford to have too many problems/stress with cars guess the turbo hooked me in =P

for what he is asking (which would be what i would expect a decent non-turbo 92 to go for btw) you could send the motor off to SOS ( http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...stom_engine_program/FI_custom_engine_program/ ) and spend the $5,000 for their stage1 rebuild and have a great car from what it seems (if that is the only problem)...

if not, sell the turbo kit, use the money for a 'stock' rebuild and break even on a steal of a car...

Back