Question about the bra

I'm picking up my NSX and making a cross country drive this Saturday.

Is the factory bra worth picking up? I know the last time I made a trip like this, the bra I had for my M coupe was worthless. It kept flapping and smacking the hood so I took it off.

Thanks in advance

Matt

It works good and fits tight. Doesn't cover any of the hood though. Just the nose/bumper.

If you can, I highly recommend a clear film bra. Offers great protection to the majority of the front end and side mirrors and is almost invisible. Very happy with mine.......Steve

needspeed said:
If you can, I highly recommend a clear film bra. Offers great protection to the majority of the front end and side mirrors and is almost invisible. Very happy with mine.......Steve

I agree. Clear bra worth all the money, you never have to take it off, does its job well, and best of all, looks great! I suggest you pass on the OEM bra, because

A) You won't use that often and its already expensive
B) You gotta take it off and on.

I'm only concerned for this one time drive.

As for the clear bra option, I don't think that's a viable option at this point. I'm not even sure who could do it and if they could do it by the time I pick up the car on Saturday.

Got mine done at my Acura dealer $750. Long drive, short drive, stone chips can come from anywhere at anytime......Either way good luck.......Steve

DVDoughboy said:
I'm only concerned for this one time drive.

As for the clear bra option, I don't think that's a viable option at this point. I'm not even sure who could do it and if they could do it by the time I pick up the car on Saturday.

If its just a one time thing, I'm sure someone is more than willing to lend you their bra :redface: :biggrin: . Probably just pay for shipping or something.

I've looked into shipping the vehicle but most carriers do not do the north to south route from illinois to texas.

And the ones that do can't get around to it for 3 weeks.

And if the deaslership doesn't have a bra available, I may just use painter's tape and go crazy on the bumper and hood. :smile:

DVDoughboy said:
I've looked into shipping the vehicle but most carriers do not do the north to south route from illinois to texas.

And the ones that do can't get around to it for 3 weeks.

And if the deaslership doesn't have a bra available, I may just use painter's tape and go crazy on the bumper and hood. :smile:

LOL! That's what I was going to suggest as a last option. Just tell people your going to a race track...or even better, get black tape and tell them its a prototype of the next gen NSX.:biggrin: :biggrin: :cool:

Steve,

Who did your clear bra? Also were you driving in Buffalo Grove this morning? Saw a car like yours (and mine) a few miles from my house. It was a beautiful sight!

Mike J.
Vernon Hills, IL

If your in Houston I can either sell you a new one or lend you my "used one". send me a PM and let me know if you are interested.

I'm in NW Houston near 249 and Louetta.

Norm
94 Red

tunlhd1 said:
Steve,

Who did your clear bra? Also were you driving in Buffalo Grove this morning? Saw a car like yours (and mine) a few miles from my house. It was a beautiful sight!

Mike J.
Vernon Hills, IL

Got mine done at Continental Acura in Naperville. That was not me; I was out in Sugar Grove. So that means 3 Blue NSXs in the general vacinity???? So much for exclusivity :biggrin:

I like the factory bra...

but mine freakin shrunk! :mad:

DVDoughboy said:

Bra is the next best thing to clear bra. I use the colgan bra for track events. It is the ugliest of all the available bras, but it provides the best front end protection with hook and light cover.

Blue tapes are only good for day trips. They come off and flaps and it traps dirt between the tape and the surface of the paint. Not to mention that it looks ugly too.

All that said, I would not go to a track event without either one.

Norm said:
If your in Houston I can either sell you a new one or lend you my "used one". send me a PM and let me know if you are interested.

I'm in NW Houston near 249 and Louetta.

Norm
94 Red

PM sent

Quick question. I noticed you have a pre-02 NSX. Will the bra fit the >02 NSX?

My car came with the factory bra, I used it on the 2000 mile drive back home, and took it off as soon as I got back. Then 2 days later, I was driving on the local freeway and the minivan a head of me hit some sort of chunk of concrete and it exploded and I had to try my best to dodge about 20 pieces of golf ball sized concrete. Didn't seem to get any damage from it that i saw. But, just shows you that even local short trips will benefit from a bra, I definetly am going to be looking into a clear bra at some point here.

DVDoughboy said:
PM sent

Quick question. I noticed you have a pre-02 NSX. Will the bra fit the >02 NSX?
You need the new style bra for the 02+, Colgan makes it, takes about 2 minutes to put on, and 30 seconds to remove. Protects the nose, but I'll admit, it's ugly, except on a black NSX. Speedlingerie does the body colored thing, costs alot more, takes time to get, no better protection, but does look better (blends in).

needspeed said:
Got mine done at Continental Acura in Naperville. That was not me; I was out in Sugar Grove. So that means 3 Blue NSXs in the general vacinity???? So much for exclusivity :biggrin:

Thanks. I guess it just means that three people in the Chicago area have excellent taste in cars!

Sorry to have brought up this topic.

I found a transport company that can move the vehicle for me next week.

I won't be having to worry about any kind of bras. :wink:

Back