Question about climate control

I need to hear what is normal operation for auto climate control. On my 2004 when I set the temp it doesn't get hot until I put it all the way up to 90! The ac is cold but the heat isn't really hot. Also after I drive the car and park it there is a small puddle of water under the front of the car. Any idea if the two are related? The car has 15000 miles on it and seems to run perfect.

Thanks just want to make sure as there is not a lot of information available on this car. Since u were so helpful maybe u can answer this one. Under the front hood where the radiator is there is some drips of antifreeze on the inside of the hood. It is right above where the hose connects to the radiator. I checked the hose and it is connected securely. However I wipe it off the inside of the hood and drive the vat and it is back. Any ideas on this one?

On my 2004 when I set the temp it doesn't get hot until I put it all the way up to 90!

I can confirm that. During winter I like it on the high side of the temps too but the NSX has a better cooling than heating capability. The only thing you can do is put the little switch on the module (you have to dismount the center console) to +1.5. It should get warmer than by that amount but it didn't work for me. :(

Thanks just want to make sure as there is not a lot of information available on this car. Since u were so helpful maybe u can answer this one. Under the front hood where the radiator is there is some drips of antifreeze on the inside of the hood. It is right above where the hose connects to the radiator. I checked the hose and it is connected securely. However I wipe it off the inside of the hood and drive the vat and it is back. Any ideas on this one?

Might the bleed valve on the top of the radiator be slightly loose? I have just had a very similar problem with my 91.

I would guess it's windshild washer fluid. The cap will leak when taking hard corners when the tank is full.

Yes, agree. newjerseynsx I also have a 2004 NSX, and this I've noted time and time again. I've never re-filled the w-w reservoir, hoping as it dwindles I'll not experience this much more. Meanwhile, each wash/detail, I wipe her clean :smile:

What is the bleed valve?

On the back edge of the top of the radiator, just above where the top hose connects, there is a small, light colored cap that is there to bleed air from the cooling system. I found mine to be just loose enouigh to leak a fine spray resulting in a small puddle under the car.
Hope that helps.

I need to hear what is normal operation for auto climate control. On my 2004 when I set the temp it doesn't get hot until I put it all the way up to 90! The ac is cold but the heat isn't really hot. Also after I drive the car and park it there is a small puddle of water under the front of the car. Any idea if the two are related? The car has 15000 miles on it and seems to run perfect.

What you can do is hit the A/C button to turn off the A/C compressor when your running the heater. This will make the car a lot warmer, the reason why it only gets hot at 90 degrees is because when its on max heat, the A/C compressor does not come on. So all you gotta do is manually turn it off by hitting the button.

Back