question about Bilsteins?

When I bought my car it already had the Bilsteins with eibach springs. I didn't notice it being lower than stock but maybe it is. My question is, with that suspention setup, do I not have to worry about having wheel gap issues if I decide to change to a 18/19" wheel combo? thanks

xtter said:
When I bought my car it already had the Bilsteins with eibach springs. I didn't notice it being lower than stock but maybe it is. My question is, with that suspention setup, do I not have to worry about having wheel gap issues if I decide to change to a 18/19" wheel combo? thanks

No you won't have to worry about it.

xtter said:
with that suspention setup, do I not have to worry about having wheel gap issues if I decide to change to a 18/19" wheel combo?
It depends on your tire sizes. If you get tires that are the same outer diameter as the stock sizes (and you should), then the "fender gap" won't change.

xtter said:

Also check which perch (if your bilstein has them..most do) your on. There should be three levels (high, medium, low). Maybe you've got it on your highest perch.

I had springs set on my highest perch (bilsteins) and it looked like a 4x4.

Spinner said:
Also check which perch (if your bilstein has them..most do) your on. There should be three levels (high, medium, low). Maybe you've got it on your highest perch.

Unless you have a custom perch cut, Bilstein shocks come with only two perches (stock ride height and a 7/8" drop).

Spinner said:
I'm sure it did! It's easy to see from the photos below that, except for color, the two vehicles look absolutely identical.

I've been trying to decide which one to buy, the white one or the red one. Whichever one I get, I'm going to slam it and get some dubs, and put a big-ass wing on the rear, because I want to impress all the 13-year-old boys in my neighborhood! :D

20070854-E.jpg

wMTI2MDA1MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

nsxtasy said:
I'm sure it did! It's easy to see from the photos below that, except for color, the two vehicles look absolutely identical.

I've been trying to decide which one to buy, the white one or the red one. Whichever one I get, I'm going to slam it and get some dubs, and put a big-ass wing on the rear, because I want to impress all the 13-year-old boys in my neighborhood! :D

20070854-E.jpg

wMTI2MDA1MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Lol. I should clarify...I had aftermarket wheels. I know overall diameter is very, very similar to OEM, but it somehow looked like it was ready to go off-roading!

Back