putting the new v10 in old nsx

What do the new V10, santa claus, and the easter bunny all have in common?

Any guesses as to whether this will be possible and practical?
Absolutely not possible. lol

I guess it is if some one is willing to spend probably $30k for the engine, and cut out the inner rear side of the NSX, and be extremely creative with the process. So maybe by the end, the price tag will not be worth the "attempt"?

Anything is possible, given enough time and money. Will it be practical? Absolutely, totally, completely "No."

Maybe if you had a wrecked NSX, money burning in your pocket, and time to spare. But this is nothing I would try on an NSX thats in good shape.

What do the new V10, santa claus, and the easter bunny all have in common?

THEY ARE ALL FANTASY!!!!
:biggrin:

At this point anyway.... I guess my joke was missed.

We don't even know if this is what Honda is really doing. Its a bit premature to speculate whether it will fit in a current NSX.

THEY ARE ALL FANTASY!!!!

We don't even know if this is what Honda is really doing. Its a bit premature to speculate whether it will fit in a current NSX.

This is what I was going to say when starting to read the post, but it looks like you got impatient :)

THEY ARE ALL FANTASY!!!!

Haha yeah I missed the joke :tongue: . I was actually trying to think in my mind if someone was plotting to drop a Viper V-10 or a Gallardo V-10 in the back of their NSX, not sure how or why, but if you have a fat enough wallet, someone can surely figure out something. :biggrin:

If you could extend the wheelbase and overall width of the NSX by 6-10 inches along with thorough chassis modification and reinforcement (which would require some time and resources to design) I would say it would be possible to create a car that would be fairly well balanced.

I'm estimating North of $200,000, minimum.

That's still possible, though!

If you can fit an ES300 V6 engine in a MK1 2000lbs MR2 anything is possible.

It's not even worth speculating until the motor is released. If it's 400hp n/a engine, then you'd have to compare the costs and performance of a C series 400hp n/a engine, it's driveability, durability, etc. against the cost of installing the V10 engine. Your resale would certainly get a 'bump' comparing the two and I'm assuming the stock/never opened V10 would be more reliable.

It's not out of the question if the electronics and transmission locations are not too wild that a 25k 400+ V10 swap would be cost efficient against building an n/a C series to that extent n/a. I'd have to presume that for the short term after the release that it would be more practical to simply buy the new NSX though.

If you can fit an ES300 V6 engine in a MK1 2000lbs MR2 anything is possible.

It's not even worth speculating until the motor is released. If it's 400hp n/a engine, then you'd have to compare the costs and performance of a C series 400hp n/a engine, it's driveability, durability, etc. against the cost of installing the V10 engine. Your resale would certainly get a 'bump' comparing the two and I'm assuming the stock/never opened V10 would be more reliable.

It's not out of the question if the electronics and transmission locations are not too wild that a 25k 400+ V10 swap would be cost efficient against building an n/a C series to that extent n/a. I'd have to presume that for the short term after the release that it would be more practical to simply buy the new NSX though.
I agree..with whatever sahtt just said LOL...

Back