Purchasing used NSX in about a year.. I have few Q's.

Hi, I am planning on puchasing an NXS.
I will be spending about $35k. Is there a difference between a '91 compared to the '92?
I figure i'll save some money by purchasing the oldest one..
What should I look for when searching for the NSX?

PLease post any comments.. I would like to get the feel of the car by reading your comments.
Thanks.

Pilot is referring you to a portion of the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions). You can access it by clicking on the word FAQ where it appears in the red bar at the top of your screen, the one that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

91 or 92, with or w/o modifications ie: wheel tires,body kits, stereos, springs, exhaust etc.... too many choices. Find the nicest car with the most mods for the best price, and thats the one to buy. Or maybe find a garage queen and modify it yourself...If the car is'nt already modified, you will blow your 35k budget very quickly. Once you see the other guys awesome NSX's on this website, it's almost impossible not to modify your ride....Just my 5cents.....Brent:D

Or, you could get a bone stock early NSX, not modify it at all, and have a supercar that is already truly magnificent in every way, without changing a thing.

Im looking into getting a early 90's bone stock NSX around next May. Im done college at the end of this summer, so I want to congradulate myself by buying one. Yesterday I got an insurance quote for a 91' it came to $473/month canadian funds.

BTW this is my first official post hehe!

Wow, that sucks! I pay $158/month for my 91 through State Farm. I'm 35, married, fairly clean driving record, $500/500 deductible, multicar discount.

473 Canadian dollars = 350 U.S. dollars

Insurance for someone who's around 21 years old is high everywhere.

$473/month is actually what I expected. I pay $293 for a 2000 civic coupe so for an extra $150 bucks I could drive an NSX. Its a little higher than normal because I have one minor ticket. This is also the first insurance company I called but I doubt I will get much lower. If I can get the insurance and monthly payment under 800/month I will do it.

cost of insurance and price of car

I pay $82 a month for insurance USAA. And found a 1992 Blk NSX with H,EX, INT, Chip for $17K last oct. Granted it had 100K with all major service done. Could not be more happy. If you look hard enough you might get what you want for less.

Back