Purchase Advice/Feedback

Hey Guys and Girls,

First post, same story as all wannabes (always loved the car, want one, etc.). This site has been an invaluable due diligence tool and I would just like to compliment its members on their professionalism, knowledge, and willingness to support current and prospective owners.

Although this is not an ideal time for me to be in the market for an NSX (have a 2 yr. old and we just had twin boys that were actually born on his second birthday) I want one anyway because hey, you only go around one time. That said, can anyone comment/advise on their experiences buying through a dealer/ebay/cars.com/autotrader/NSX Prime Members/ etc.?

The more I am on this site the more inclined I am to be patient and buy from a Prime Member as I know that at the very least, they are passionate about their cars. Dealers and other online mediums make me a little nervous as although a carfax is informative, its not the same as having a discussion with the owner and hearing about the history.

Thanks to all in advance,

Mike

You just have to do your homework. I just recently bought mine from a prime member. I still brought everything that I needed to know to make sure that the car is sound. If your buying an earlier model like a 91-92 better make sure you check for the "snap ring issue" When I bought my car I inspected the tranny number myself to make sure it's not in range. Before I found the car that I bought, I looked at one at a used car dealership and the worst part is that they no nothing of the car. I asked about the snap ring issue and they had no clue. My best advice is to really look and take your time. Good luck

My advice is to use all the mediums you have (as you mentioned above), and triangulate the best info you can get. Good deals only come when you yourself are well informed. I've found the resources on NSXPrime to be the most objective and informative, who will be here to help you with your questions. Look through all the avenues, and bounce your questions off this site. I first my seller on NSXPrime, but followed up offline, and finally bought the car after 10 months of due diligence. It sure paid off!

OH, carfax is only effective if it turns up a problem. If it shows clean, don't assume this is 100% correct. Many Many accidents, severe accidents, never see a carfax report. Should you do a carfax? yea... why not. But if it comes up clean, don't lower your guard.

good luck

Back