PSA: Purple 96 NSX FS in Sarasota

Driving around the other day my wife spotted an NSX in a used car lot. We stopped and took a look, so I thought I'd share here just in case it's what anyone is looking for.

It's a 96 with 36K miles. Purple with tan interior, it looks very clean inside and out. I didn't give it a microscopic examination, but I saw no flaws in the paint and the interior was just about perfect. The salesman said it had a new clutch (I didn't ask why) and I forgot to ask about the TB/WP (sorry).

The salesman said $36,500 but I expect that's a very negotiable price given the current economy. He said it's a local car. PM me if you want to know where it's located. I could probably be persuaded to go back and take it for a test drive or a closer look if someone wants that.

Purple:confused::confused:

Interesting. How did it look in person?

Interesting. How did it look in person?

It was a little dusty/spotted, not shiny clean. I did look at the spots where my car seems to take abuse and didn't see any flaws. I'm going to go back and look closer this weekend and take it for a spin. Maybe call the salesman tomorrow and see if he can make sure it's clean.

The interior certainly looked nice. No bubbling on the trim, no sign of wear on the seat bolster, carpets look great. The coin tray lid latch seemed weak, but that's all I noticed.

It has an oddball CD changer in the trunk that's on the opposite side of mine. It looks like it would interfere with putting a wheel/tire in the trunk. Of course, it might actually play CDs without skipping which is more than I can say for mine most of the time. :)

I just remembered the salesman used a key to unlock the car. It might not have keyless entry. I'll ask about that.

I looked at the engine - it looks freshly detailed so no story there. I didn't look under the front hood. I don't remember noticing the tires. Wheels are stock and I don't remember looking for curb rash. Things to check next time I guess.

Last edited:
Back