Proud New Owner to an NA1 1991 NSX!

This car has been on my dream car list since I was old enough to drive and now many years later, i have one on the way !!! Im excited beyond believe.

It was unfortunate that I had to suffer a major catastrophic T bone accident in my Twin Turbo FD RX7 but after getting the fact that I am still alive to grips, i've decided to use my payout towards an NSX and boy am I happy!
My poor FD :(
DSC_0318.jpg

14339_185856623433_505418433_3078611_8053324_n.jpg

Heres a picture!

Bone Stock 91
14339_190805643433_505418433_3118801_1235754_n.jpg

All I can say is a greater power was watching me, and while I cant drive right now, I will be able to soon enough and it will be in my favorite Honda on the planet not to mention one of my favorite cars on the planet! RIP RX7, but long live my new relationship with honda!

Wow first of all I'm glad you made it out of that t-bone safely! From the looks of that picture if you were t-boned on the driver side I don't think you would of survived and well wouldn't be here today but thankfully not.

Either way congrats on that NSX, it looks like a black on ivory. Nice choice I think that color combo is pretty cool.

Wow, glad your okay. It looks like whoever hit you was really really moving.

Glad your okay and congrats on the purchase. The first FD pic looks Laguna Seca Blue but the wrecked pic is clearly Montago Blue. Am I crazy or just blind? :biggrin:

WOW!! :eek:

Hopefully there was no passenger in that FD?

I miss mine dearly.

I don't know, but the second pic does not look like montego blue to me. However I have never seen one in laguna seca blue before either.

Looks like you got a nice replacement - black on Ivory is a nice combo - the best in black, imho. You are lucky to be alive - good thing it was that side that was hit! :eek: Unreal man. It's probably the shadow effect that is throwing the others off. To me it definitely looks like the same car! No doubt in my mind.

I think that model FD is my favorite too. Great looking FD. Like the NSX better! Good for you and try and keep it safe and accident free - oh and you too!

Last edited:
thanks for the welcome!

The RX was Laguna Seca Blue. The only FD that color that I know of.

If you open up HyperRev 144 you'll actually see that car in there.

No passenger thank god.

And im recovering quickly and will be driving my new NSX soon!

as a previous owner of a fd i will say you will miss the instant turbo thrust and power, but the joy of owning one of the most sought after hondas of all time makes up for it. Glad your ok and will be driving soon.

as a previous owner of a fd i will say you will miss the instant turbo thrust and power, but the joy of owning one of the most sought after hondas of all time makes up for it. Glad your ok and will be driving soon.

yeah, we wont even discuss that my FD had the BNRIII twins with a V-mount on them :(

Lol

I do expect the NSX to be significantly slower in a straight line, and I always thought the FD's took no prisoners in the corners... so i'd say the NSX is the car that hopefully will keep my toes curled in the corners even if it wont in the straight line :)

very nice cars!!!

yeah, we wont even discuss that my FD had the BNRIII twins with a V-mount on them :(

Lol

I do expect the NSX to be significantly slower in a straight line, and I always thought the FD's took no prisoners in the corners... so i'd say the NSX is the car that hopefully will keep my toes curled in the corners even if it wont in the straight line :)
there are quite a few solutions to that though ; )
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

very nice cars!!!

there are quite a few solutions to that though ; )
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Yeah dont tempt me. This is my first N/A car in a Long time.

First Car
1997 Integra, Type R swap, 505whp Turbo obviously

Second Car
S13 with Sr20, just stock engine

Third Car
R33 GTS-T Skyline Nismo M Type, 350whp

Fourth Car
1993 RX7 as pictured above.

Lol

So Im not used to naturally aspirated at all. If i bought it N/A, i turbo'd it immediately!

The worst part is, the guys at Science of Speed here in PHNX are good friends of mine lol. Might make temptation dangerous!

Wow Ravi!! Glad to see your ok and now I have a local NSX buddy to hang with:biggrin: Great color choice too!!

im assuming... s2k meets???
:)

Yeah I am loving the color :) 2nd black car in the garage i just realized. actually. god damnit. i own another 'non colored' car. lol

Quite a poke, I'd say. Definitely had someone watching over you on that one... Welcome to the community. Tim.

you must be superman or something to survive a crash like that its good to hear your ok and welcome to the club

you must be superman or something to survive a crash like that its good to hear your ok and welcome to the club

Its funny you say that, because my girlfriend calls me superman so i had my superman t-shirt on. and im not joking. i had a real deal superman shirt on.

Back